Monday, December 7, 2009

Mini Herb Garden in Tiny Hong Kong Flat - Is It Possible?


A trip of Prince Edward's flower market last weekend resulted in this.
I've bought potted herbs and brought them home.
Me, aka the plant killer.

Placed them on my study/dressing room's window sill.
If you were wondering what's that thing on the top right corner...
That's bunny ears head piece from that moment when I was...(you don't wanna know).
Nuff said.

A pot of thyme...hello, taste-good-with-anything, look-good-on-anything :)

Basil. I have just the right girl for you...her name is tomato.


Rosemary. You made my "study/dressing room" smell wonderful...roasted-chicken-wonderful.


The lamb said long time no see, Mr. Mint...


...and finally, if you would grace my stews with your gorgeous green, Parsley, sire...

Whatever you guys do...
Please don't die on me! T_T

...when I was back from dinner, I anxiously checked if they were still alive...

*Sigh of relief*
Yes!
PS. SC said he's gonna look after them (Thank God, not the plant killer)
PS. They look great in bokeh.

13 comments:

Jason said...

Just talk to them more often and they will be fine :)

Ravenous Couple said...

you can do it!!! can't wait to you make your first dish with the bounty you're growing :)

Peter M said...

OK, you have the herbs in the right spot. Now, it's winter and these herbs want winter-like conditions.

Ensure it's not hot or warm (just normal room temp.) and resist the temptation to water them often.

Touch the soil, it's damp - leave the plants alone. Water when the soil dries.

Bon chance, Diamond 'Lil! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hee hee good luck! Yeah sing to them adn shower them with TLC hee hee

daphne said...

hahaha.. They look great and HEALTHY! =)

KennyT said...

Want some heirloom tomato seeds.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your mini herb garden looks great! I wish I have one too.

cheeky angel said...

I had a pot of mint last year and it just grew and grew and grew. But then I went away for a trip and by the time I came home, it had dried up :( However, I think I'll have to head down to the flower market and get me some herbs.

tigerfish said...

I have been planning for such a mini garden for a long time now. Hope to see them in your dishes next ;P

EatTravelEat said...

Hmm, my basil is doing okay. However the stems are brown. Your comparison of herbs is so much compared to my mini herb garden. I just have basil and green onion. All for free :) (basil from the mall, green onion from green onion roots).

jason ho said...

woah..we love to plant herbs outside our home..such a sweet victory to know that some of the ingredients you cook with come from your garden eh?

Jackie said...

I have some basil in my house that has been going strong for a couple of weeks now, but I kind of want to have my own mini herb garden on the window sill, too! Terribly useful, eh? Yours looks fabulous =)

I'm taking my basil home over Christmas so that it'll be watered - came back to the house today and nobody had bothered to check on it, so it's looking a little sad and droopy! Quickly gave it a good long drink which should remedy the situation. What a shame I'm not just growing for the sake of growing... om-nom-nom-nom-nom...

Jax x

Rita said...

What a wonderful mini herb garden you have there. There's nothing like fresh herbs in your cooking.

Cheers :-)