Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ugly Delicious - Banana Chocolate Pie

Banana Chocolate Pie
Another ugly delicious thing for you guys :)
Seriously, how ugly does this thing look?
But I can assure you that buttery pastry + banana + chocolate...no matter how ugly it looks, it must be delish!

Banana Chocolate Pie
I used the crust recipe here, simply removed the teaspoon of salt and dry herbs, and used salted butter instead (I love a touch of savory in my sweets), or you can use frozen pastry too, I have nothing against that ^_^. I filled the pastry with chunks of banana and semi sweet chocolate chunks, egg-washed it and baked it in a preheated oven until golden brown.

If you can't get over the ugliness, eat this with your eyes closed or lights off heheheh.

Perfect with a cup of tea.

12 comments:

ann low said...

This looks perfect! I like the crust and banana filling inside, sounds delicious!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hahaha @ eat with light off and eyes close! Frankly, it doesn't look ugly to me though, love the combination!

mochaccinoland said...

yum! banana & chocolate are BFF!

tigerfish said...

Ugly? Are you sure? :P Chocolate and banana in a butter pastry is "sure-win" combination.

Joanne said...

Banana and chocolate? Total no brainer. Looks dreamy to me!

Melanie said...

I wouldn't call it ugly - it actually looks great! What a delicious dessert, makes me hungry :)

Deidre said...

Wow I think it looks oozy and amazing! and I am not even a fan of banana!

daphne said...

Ugly? i'm not sure what i am missing here? it looks fantastic!

Babe_KL said...

I'm with Daphne, where is the ugliness? :p

Lady G said...

Looks does not matter, its the taste that counts. That's what I always thought, especially if I'm the only one who's eating it.

T like Bubble Tea ... said...

It actually sounds so yummy and I really love all things banana! Yum yum giving me a craving for midnight snack :)

Noob Cook said...

your "ugly delicious" always end up looking only delicious to me, hungry leh