Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Easy & Tasty Peas & Bacon

Peas & Bacon
I shouldn't call this a recipe. I know. I know.
I don't know why I haven't done this combo before. Easy, simple, and of course bacon and bacon grease make everything tasty. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, or serve this as a side dish, or add a couple of beaten eggs to turn it into a breakfast. Easy peasy!

Recipe
- a cup of frozen peas
- a few slices of bacon strips (depends how much bacon you want, I used 3 strips)
- salt, black pepper, lemon juice (optional)
Drop frozen peas into a bowl of hot water for a quick defrost, drain, set aside. Cut bacon strips into small pieces. Throw bacon into a frying pan over medium heat. Once bacon becomes a bit brownish, turn the heat up and add frozen peas. Mix peas and bacon, let cook for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate/bowl, squeeze fresh lemon juice to balance the bacon fat.

I have a confession to make. I ate mine with steamed rice. How Indonesian of me.

4 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Sure is easy, good as a side dish!

daphne said...

bacon and peas are made for each other!! I am such a big fan of it- breakfast, side dish..so versatile.

Joanne said...

You made eating peas fun!

Anonymous said...

It's a classic spanish combo, dahling. Except that the Spanish use their own jamon serrano. Hugs