Friday, September 27, 2013

Catalunya, Hong Kong

I don't know anything about authenticity - whether or not the flavors of the food served here are the same as the ones in Spain... dadadada gaga oh lala - but most of these dishes are yummy.
Catalunya, Hong Kong
Green asparagus with black truffle, and soft boiled egg. Scrumptious.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Suckling pig tapa. Crispy skin on both sides. We love it.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Jamon Iberico croquette. Crispy exterior, creamy and tasty interior. Adore!

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Squid ink black rice with red prawn carpaccio and red prawn essence. Very intense prawn flavor. I love it.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Cod fritters. Perfectly done. Crispy outside, creamy and tasty inside. They are really good at doing deep fried stuff.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Calamari Andalusian style with lemon mayo. This one is a "meh" for me.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Ham, cheese and truffle bikini. They're alright...

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Scrambled egg on a potato bed with chorizo. Tasty.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Bombas from Barceloneta. Another tasty deep fried treat.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Prime natural beef rib eye 400gr. Absolutely delicious. Perfectly cooked, tender & tasty with really really lovely sauce. I love it.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Spanish paella - pork belly, clams, mussels with scampi. It's alright, quite tasty, but didn't blow my socks off. I want a bit of crust, and some of the seafood's not well done - the scampi flesh was rather crumbly...

The sweets...
Catalunya, Hong Kong
Cheese flan. Nice, subtle.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
Torrija, soft and sweet warm bread with smoked milk ice cream. Many of us wanted this because of the "smoked milk" - no smokiness came through but I do adore that charred bread with soft center.

Catalunya, Hong Kong
This is very chocolatey, with a big kick of sourness of something passion fruit that shocked us. Can't help it though... I always order chocolate T_T

Overall, I would totally go back for my favorite dishes.
The 6 of us spent HK$470 per person (we didn't order drinks).

Catalunya
G/F Guardian House Morrison Hill 
32 Oi Kwan Rd, Wan Chai
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2866 7900
Email: reservaations@catalunya.hk

Great to dine with you again, Jason Bonvivant & Gastronomous Anonymous! It was one heck of a babylicious lunch!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know your pain, I always go for chocolate myself. I really can't help it! Hope to see you on Triptease soon, I'm hungry for more!