Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meat Lovers Dinner, Blue Butcher Hong Kong

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
That's what generally happens when you have a bunch of bloggers eating together :)

The meaty journey started with this bone marrow dish.
Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
Delish, I wanted to use a straw to suck the marrow out. But I was in the company of new friends... so maybe next time. Sucking marrow via straw is more like a second date kinda thing, right?

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
The spanish ham & egg with asparagus mushrooms and thyme. Yummy.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
Rare breed US Kurobuta pork belly & cheek with lentils and Granny Smith apple slaw. Tender 24 hr cooked meat, perfectly cooked lentils and I love the slaw - really refreshing.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
Love the fries plus plus.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
The ribs. I love how tender the meat is, but the sauce is a tad on a sweet side for me. A tiny bit more kick of savoriness would be perfect for me.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
I adore the cheesy cauliflower side dish.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
And love love LOVE the steak. LOVE!

And the drinks!
Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
I always adore the idea of turning something savory into something sweet or vice versa. So I really wanted to try this fig and cheese cocktail. I like the flavors, the only thing is... the foam left me with blue cheese foam mustache. Something for my date to wipe off my face adoringly? :)

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
I like how the drink is encased in a block of ice.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
This is "The Flapper" - Chambord, sherry brandy and orange bitters. I like it.

Sweets.
Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
Chocolate, banana, caramel.

Blue Butcher, Hong Kong
Lemon Cappuccino. Cool idea.

To conclude, I love the meat dishes, would totally go back. The place is cool too, a great place to hang out on special occasions. If you're into food photography, bring your best low light lens or external flash or use your phone as additional lighting ;)

Thank you for having me, Blue Butcher!

Blue Butcher
108 Hollywood Road, Soho
Sheung Wan (but if you're taking MTR, better stop at Central Station)
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2613 9286

2 comments:

gastronomous anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bone marrow at blue butcher!!!

Chara said...

This is awesome!