Monday, October 29, 2012

Super Easy Mini French Toasts

Super Easy Mini French Toasts
The first French Toasts I tried was the Hong Kong style golden brown deep fried one. I do love it, but I didn't realize that I'd love these non-deep-fried ones, and they are so simple to make too!

Recipe
(yields 6 mini french toasts. they are very rich and filling tho)
- 1 egg, beaten
- half cup of milk
- 1cm thick slice of butter, cut from 1 stick - melted, and 1 tsp for frying (mixed with cooking oil)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 small mixed grain bun, cut into 1 cm thick pieces

Mix beaten egg, milk, melted butter and sugar, add slices of bread, make sure the bread pieces are fully soaked in the mixture, let them "marinate" for at least 15 minutes. Heat up frying pan with cooking oil and butter, pan fry pieces of bread until golden brown.

You should get very fluffy, creamy, eggy inner part and crispy outer part. Very yum! And as if these aren't sinful enough...I ate mine with peanut butter, cream cheese, and Nutella. Perfect for breakfast or tea time.

5 comments:

sydneylyn said...

Just made french toasts a while ago and never thought I can actually make it with buns :) Thanks for the idea! :) I might try it with baguette as well..

tigerfish said...

Almost forgotten the easy goodness of this! Been ages since I have French toasts.

Joanne said...

These are so cute! And perfectly portion-sized!

WokandSpoon said...

These are so cute! I think I'd probably have to eat about 5 - they look teeny :-)

Albert-ERT said...

yeah, its better to marinate it... :)