Monday, March 28, 2011

Cute Froyo Toppings - Yogurtime, Soho, Hong Kong

Do you remember these adorable little jewels?
Cute Froyo Topping from Yogurtime
I remember not liking them when I was a kid.
What? A kid who doesn't like sugar? Was I mad?
Well, I was the kind of kid who'd prefer a fried chicken drumstick than sweets, you see.
A budding salt lover I was.

But now...
Cute Froyo Topping from Yogurtime
Sigh.
Now I love them! Not that I need the additional sugar in my diet...
At first I picked them as my froyo topping because they look cute, the staff pointed out that they taste exceptionally yummy with froyo. He's right.
Love the crunch and slight savoriness of the cookie base and adore the sweetness from the sugary top.
I picked raspberry and chocolate-banana froyo that day.
Because I love the colors ^_^'
They taste more like sorbet than froyo.
But still...don't you think they look cute?

Yogurtime
G/F, 46 Elgin Street, SOHO
Central, Hong Kong
中環蘇豪伊利近街46號
Tel: +852 6165 4608

9 comments:

Donna said...

Oh, sweet memories of Hong Kong. I used to buy these little gems at Park N Shop. I only bought them a couple of times when I realized I could easily eat the whole container by myself as soon as I got them home. Thanks for sharing, Rita. I always enjoy your posts.

shellie said...

very cute....i was the same way as a child....the salty stuff before sweet....i didnt like oreo cookies as a child....actually i still dont but i do like sweets now!

Little Corner of Mine said...

It sure looks cute, love the froyo!

Joanne said...

Oh now you've gone and inspired a serious froyo craving. Sigh. Those are some excellent topping choices.

Anonymous said...

mau donkk Rit............

tigerfish said...

Woohoo, childhood biscuits for froyo toppings! Cool!

Sue said...

when i was young...i like to eat this cutie alot..but only the cutie sugar flower..LOL

Jennie said...

What are those cookies called? I used to love them as a child but totally forgot about them when we migrated to the US. I must get my hands on them again! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi Jennie, I was told that they are called "belly button cookies" in Cantonese ;)