Friday, October 15, 2010

Easy Side Dish- Mushroom, Garlic & Butter Rice

Mushroom, Garlic & Butter Rice
Just another easy peasy side dish I like to make when I'm not too lazy to make another one-pot-all-in-one dinner ;)
I normally serve this "fried rice" with a simple meat dish (that night, it was lamb chops grilled with garlic, butter and herbs), love the earthy, garlicky and buttery flavors.

Recipe
- a plate of rice (not too mushy, preferably overnight rice)
- a cup of mushroom of your choice (I used shimeji, because they're cute!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- butter, salt and pepper

Saute mushrooms and garlic in butter, add rice, season, mix well and serve.

Gosh I love one-liner recipes :D

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I like this easy peasy concept. Sounds like a great side dish.

Von said...

haha....I love one liner recipes too =) I love mushroom and garlic a lot- I'll have to remember to make this next time I'm stuck at home with leftovers- just to spice things up!! Although this does look good enough to eat by itself!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Must be fragrant with the touch of butter. I like one line recipe too. ;)