Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Bakoel Koffie


As a part of my growing sense of nationalism, I always crave anything Indonesian. Every time I visit my home country, I went all Indonesian-Crazy, I just wanna eat Indonesian food, Indonesian snack, Indonesian dessert, drink Indonesian drinks, wear Indonesian traditional clothes, just Indonesian EVERYTHING.

Thus, for coffee, I wouldn't even as much as glance at Starbucks or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, I'd prefer something local. There are many lovely local cafes in Jakarta, and my sis, the true "drunk this-eaten that" Jakartanian, brought me to this delightful shop, Bakoel Koffie. I love the athmosphere, accented by local touches here & there. The huge blackboard behind me was full of coffee-related quotes from everywhere. My favorite one was "Chocolate, men, coffee, some things are better rich - anonymous".

Bakoel Koffie serves International selection of coffee as well as Indonesian ones. My sis and I ordered Indonesian Iced Coffee, Oreo cheesecake (too bad no Indonesian dessert available at that time), and kopi tubruk.

Bakoel Koffie Jl. Barito II, no. 11 Jakarta 12130 Indonesia, Tel: +62 21 7228353

2 comments:

Wibowo Kosasih said...

Sekarang makin laris aja 'Bakoel Koffie' ... udah buka beberapa cabang lagi ... Hm, jadi pengen ...

dewi ayin said...

i'll take you to their 1st bakoel koffie @ cikini next time... the ambience is even more authentic than the one @ barito...