Tuesday, February 5, 2008

*Honey Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings

Hongkongers are such chicken wing fanatics, I am surprised there has been no song written about it (or is there? do let me know)




















They make great snacks, appetizers, main courses, desserts, drinks??... (ok, I got carried away) But seriously, if I had HK$1 for every chicken wing found in my workmates' lunch boxes...I'd be able to invest in the stock market by now

This recipe's from a friend's mom, it is so easy...it probably shouldn't be called a "recipe"...and you'll have to be a true retard to fail this.

You need:
- 10 pics of mid chicken wings
- teeny tiny little piece of ginger (crush it)
- honey (those cheap ones you can squirt out of the bottle, or the one for charcoal bbq with a cute lil brush)
- water for boiling
- olive oil (or whatever oil you normally use)
- salt & pepper

Serves 2 normal people, 1 greedy one, or not enough for the super greedy.
I personally can eat almost unlimited amount of chicken wings, it scares me.

Boil chicken wings, with salt & a little ginger (I like adding garlic, shallot, & corriander, so I'll get a nice tasting stock ->1 slap 2 bitches), until it is almost cooked (stick a chopstick/fork to check)

























Drain wings, marinate in lotsa honey and some oil for minimum 30 minutes, preheat oven

Dump wings into oven, turn and glaze with honey from time to time, until they look good enough for you. I personally like to see some burns.

Let me think of a chicken wing dessert recipe now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

a friend's comment i accidentally deleted, sorry, friend ^_^

chicken wing is cool, excel grill with honey, boild with oyster source is cool also keke
skin is crispy inside is juicy, yummy!