Thursday, July 8, 2010
Quick Cheat Laksa for Weekday Dinner
I wanted laksa but couldn't be bothered to go out in this heat.
I wanted laksa but with vermicelli instead of beehon and oil noodle.
I wanted laksa with lighter broth, not as much coconut milk.
I wanted laksa without cockles, or fancy shrimps, just el-cheapo meat balls.
It is confirmed.
I am troublesome (ma q fan!) ^_^'
But the solution is pretty easy.
Just do a cheat laksa at home.
- 1 pack of vermicelli (soak in hot water)
- 2 packs of Lee Kum Kee laksa for hot pot soup base (or other laksa spice packs)
- 1 box of coconut milk (200ml)
- 1 heaping cup of beansprouts
- various meat/fishballs
- 1 cup of tofu puffs, cut in half
- a bunch of corriander, freshly chopped
- crispy shallot
- hot water
Add laksa spice pack to hot water (according to instructions on the packet), add coconut milk, add meat/fish balls, add tofu puffs, bring everything to boil and keep it hot until you are ready to serve. Blanch beansprouts, blanch vermicelli, arrange in serving bowl, add meat/fishballs and tofu puffs in the bowl, pour laksa soup, garnish with coriander and crispy shallot.
Done and done! ^_^
Now, I need iced coke to counter attack the sodium...and probably some exercise to burn the calories...(oh who am I kidding?)