Friday, July 23, 2010

Mun Tahu with Sawi Putih - Tofu, Minced Meat & Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce with Chinese Cabbage

Mun Tahu with Sawi Putih - Tofu, Minced Meat & Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce with Chinese Cabbage
Another quick one-dish dinner for busy weekdays...and this time, no canned food, I promise...
...although maybe not for long. Hehehe~

Mun Tahu with Sawi Putih - Tofu, Minced Meat & Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce with Chinese Cabbage
I wanted to do the classic Chinese inspired Indonesian dish, mun tahu (stir fried tofu with minced meat), but I wanted to incorporate my veggie of the day into it, as of course, I am too damn lazy to create another veggie side dish.

Thanks so my sister's lunch habit of ordering mun tahu with stir fried chinese cabbage, I decided to add Chinese cabbage into the dish and call it a night.

So I did.

Mun Tahu with Sawi Putih - Tofu, Minced Meat & Mushrooms in Oyster Sauce with Chinese Cabbage
Recipe
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, divided
- 1 medium head of Chinese cabbage, cut into 2 cm slices
- 0.5 lb minced meat (pork, beef or chicken)
- 2 pieces of soft tofu
- 1 pack (around 8-10) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced (feel free to replace with other mushrooms)
- olive oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, fish sauce, corn starch, water

Saute a clove of garlic in hot olive oil, add Chinese cabbage, let cook, season with a bit of fish sauce, set aside. Saute the rest of garlic in olive oil, add sliced mushrooms, cooked until wilted, add minced pork, let cook, season with oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Thicken the mixture with corn starch dissolved in a bit of water, add the chinese cabbage, mix well, heat through, and serve.

Normally this dish is garnished with spring onion, but since I didn't have any, I just added crispy shallot.
Owh, you can finish a couple bowls of steamed rice with this.

Meat? Check! Veggie? Check! Extra tofu and mushrooms? Check!
Fresh? Check! Tasty? Check!
Go for it :)

7 comments:

pigpigscorner said...

Love one-dish dishes!

busygran said...

A tasty one-dish meal indeed! And it goes so well with a bowl of rice.

Rachelle said...

Is this like mapo tofu without the spiciness?? I looooooove any sort of tofu dish! It's my comfort food.

Joanne said...

One-pot dishes are the best. You just get bites of everything in one forkful!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Lovely! I like one dish meal. I actually cooked something similar yesterday without the veggie. :)

Noob Cook said...

Oh love tofu dish like this, I can eat lots of rice with this. I usually also add some fermented black beans and chilli padi when I cooked this... and sometimes with some peeled prawns. I'm so hungry now :)~

tigerfish said...

OH I so want to do this soon! so healthful, esp with the Chinese cabbage.