Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Fresh - Tangy & Spicy Beef Rice Noodle Soup


During winter, here are some stuff I hoped to do this summer:
- Running around at the beach in my bikini ala Sisheido's sun block ads
- Get fabulously smooth and tanned
- Roaming around Hong Kong's old and georgeous street corners taking pictures on weekend mornings
- Finally learn how to make desserts which contain anything other than chocolate or banana

but, instead....

- I got less bikini ready than what I already was LOL! But I still did get my butt off to the beach....put on my biking and ran around ala slimming centre ads (the "before" shots LOL)
- I realised I look terrible tanned. It's so not me. Thus, I planned to stay away from the sun this summer and hope to emerge smooth and porcelain-like for winter. Plus, my original skin color looks has a good contrast against dark chocolate hehe
- I sleep through most weekend mornings, comfortably curled under my summer blanket in my air conditioned room, and woke up just to eat and stare at the fierce sun glaring outside LOL
- I still have no clue on how to make anything other than my usual banana-chocolate baked goods. Now I have a couple of pears and oranges threatening to be spoilt soon. I need to try using them urgently! Help! Help!

....at least I tried using sliced beef for something other than my normal beef-tomato-tofu combo...it's citrusy, spicy, light, simple, easy...perfect for summer dinner!

Tangy & Spicy Beef Rice Noodle Soup

Recipe
- 0.7 lb thinly sliced, nicely marbled beef
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- a bunch of fresh corriander, chopped
- salt, pepper, sugar, vinegar
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- olive oil, hot water
- 2 packs of dry rice noodles (you can use other noodles if you want)

- 2 red chilli or more, depending on how spicy you want it to be

Saute onions, garlic, and a bit of chopped corriander in hot oil, add a bit of the beef, add water, season with salt, pepper, sugar and vinegar. At the same time, prepare rice noodles/other noodles according to the instructions on the package, then add into the soup, add the remaining of the beef on top, cook until they are just almost done. Serve with fresh corriander, lemon wedges and chilli, to be added according to individual taste.

Sharing this with Presto Pasta Night's Gang, hosted this week by Thyme for Cooking

My sincere apologies to those who had to see my jiggly bits at the beach :p

22 comments:

Shreya said...

Hi, I am new here! You have a very nice blog, and I love the scrambled egg and shrimp recipe. I don't eat beef, but I guess the tangy, spicy beef rice noodle soup should be really yummy! I can substitute the beef with chicken, and that would help me use this nice recipe:-)

daphne said...

Oh nicely done mocha. That looks healthy with lovely flavours-resembles Thai.

sefa firdaus said...

slurrrpp *ngiler dengan sukses*

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful and very, very tempting.

Anonymous said...

Okay you have me laughing so hard...I can see you now running on the sand, I'm sure no one was offended!

The food looks good too!

eatingclubvancouver_js said...

You are funny!

Love the beef noodles! It does look light and fresh. Perfect.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Tangy, spicy, beef, noodle and soup. I know il like this one!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I wouldn't mind having a bowl of your spicy beef rice noodle soup now. It looks absolutely delicious!

TS of eatingclub vancouver said...

I love these "clear" beef soups! Spicy and tangy?! Wow.

Unknown said...

Drooling padahal baru kelar makan soto Banjar :D

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious even though it's about 95 degrees here in NYC today. I haven't had a big bowl of soup in about 3 months now, so i'm kind of craving it. i'll have to pump up the Air conditioner if that's the case!

Mama Mia said...

your photos have been looking amazing lately! this dish looks great.

test it comm said...

That looks really fresh and tasty!

Elsye said...

doyannnnnn.....pokoke yang mie mie an aku yo doyan rit :D...btw berkali2 selalu gatot nih mau komen :( untung akhire bisa :D

Katie Zeller said...

I love beef and noodles!
Helps keep my bits jiggly....

Jagungmanis said...

aduh Rit,
sumpe aku ngiler masakanmu sing iki....
pengen gawe ah...
tak copy sik

Anonymous said...

I love this. Give it to me for dinner and i promise i won't pay any attention to your jiggly bits. :-P

Dee said...

Mmm... one of my favourites :)

Lisa said...

Wowie, does that look and sound fabulously good. I must try it.

Anonymous said...

if one must do beef, this sure is one to keep around! the pictures are great.

tigerfish said...

Tangy and spicy...one of my fav flavor combi! Yum yum...

petite fleur said...

Hi

I'd blog hopped over. This has the makings of everything I love in a noodle dish. Cute story too...