Thursday, July 17, 2008
Banana Choco Chip Oatmeal Muffins - The Wake Up Call
Do you sleep like a log? Are you a light sleeper? Do you snore? Do you sleep walk?...and what does it take to wake you up?
I am a light sleeper, I don't generally sleep a lot, I hate the feeling when I woke up from an afternoon nap (feverish and even more tired instead of refreshed), and it is super easy to wake me up.
Ironically, people around me seem to love sleeping very much. Some of them could sleep their way through a weekend...and believe me, it is really challenging to wake them up:
- There's a friend who wouldn't wake up even when I went to his room, dragged his blanket off him in a cold winter morning, and kicked him off his bed. He finally woke up when I pour icy cold water over his head
- Another friend needs to set at least 4 super loud alarm clocks, all placed out of her reach. The alarm clocks woke up her whole family, but her
- A friend's boyfriend won't wake up until my friend promised a morning "activity" or "service", if you know what I mean ;)
- Another friend's boyfriend won't wake up until my friend yapped, nagged, screamed and shouted for at least an hour
- Another friend needs to snooze her alarm clock repeatedly every five minutes for at least half an hour
Now tell me your stories :) ...and look at what's waiting on the breakfast table!
A basket of...
Banana Choco Chip Oatmeal Muffins
- 3/4 cup of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of instant oatmeal
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- a handful of semi sweet choco chip
Preheat oven to 175C. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt. In a separate bowl, mix egg, oil, milk, and vanilla essence. Make a well in the middle of flour mixture, pour the egg mixture and mix well. Add mashed bananas and choco chip, pour the mixture into greased muffin tray (or you can use muffin paper cup lining), and bake until the top is crisp and toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
To wake my sous chef up, you just need one word...