I used to have a thing for designer hand bags. So, despite being so irritatingly stingy, I managed to build a small collection.
However, people's priorities change. That's bound to be the reason, isn't it? I simply grew wiser (I am hearing people saying "that can't be it" LOL).
Either that or maybe I realized that...
- "the collection" so far has been sitting at the dusty corners of my tiny flat. I got the drift when Little miss Louis Vuitton Trouville screams "OH YAY YAY YAYYYY...I AM GOING OUT!!!" every time I took her out (which is so rarely, if you told her that Hong Kong's sky has now turned shocking pink instead of blue, she will probably believe it)
- although most Hong Kongers clad themselves head to toe with brands (the country should have the highest population of LVs, it can be seen from morning peak hour train rides to the CBD, almost 4 out of 5 girls are carrying branded bags of some sort), I could choose to be the rare ones who do not
- branded hand bags do NOT improve my appearance of confidence. Yes, I am THAT hopeless
- the cost of 1 latest and hottest "it" bag = the cost of multiple short but luxurious culinary trips
- I spent all of my dough on food and shall not even dream about getting a new bag, let alone a designer bag
So, now, the latest "It" designer hand bags do not allure me anymore, not as much as luscious and rich dark chocolate does LOL.
But, recently, I got something in my mail from the good fellows at Foodbuzz. It's an echo friendly bag, which is wayyyyy hotter than Anya Hindmarch's "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" Bag, because IT HAS MY NAME ON IT! Hohoho! OK it's a pin with my name of it, but still...hehe...
So, one fine Saturday, I took it out shopping (I saw Miss LV Trouville went green with envy, poor thing)...and arranged for a bag-a-razzi to catch it in action.
Here's the bag, and me with absolutely no make up, no plastic surgery/botox (just yet), messy hair, and don't even mention the outfit...the bag-a-razzi reported:
Here's Mochachocolata-Rita at a Hong Kong's wet market, she seemed dazed and confused, probably was still hung over from last night's meal of carbs, carbs and more carbs. She should fire her stylist (if she had one), put on a decent face before stepping out of the door, and schedule another much needed lipo
She was a total MESS, but look at the bag she was carrying! Absolutely adorable and eco friendly. This is it. It is the new It bag!
She was in this fish stall, looked puzzled and clueless, until she finally selected a live mangrove red snapper. We bet she had to google the name of the fish.
It took her just a few seconds before she snatched this bunch of corriander. She seems to be addicted to this "substance". We think she's gonna get high later (on corriander!).
She was sooo gonna overstuff the bag, which remained fabulous
She wandered in to this food supply store, probably looking for some easy way out such as instant spice mix packets or instant noodles or feeding her addiction to non diet sodas
Unexpectedly, she got herself a box of powder. We smell some lousy baked goods coming.
Hmmm, the bag does make her look better.
Thanks so much, Foodbuzz!