Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oyster Sauce Chicken Frozen Roti Pratha "Pizza"

Instant Roti Pratha Pizza with Chicken & Oyster Sauce
My "TV snack" for last night's Oscars, along with a bag of Caramel Corn.
I am still full of guilt now. So guilty, I contemplated going on a daily healthy sandwich lunch diet, but fortunately and unfortunately, I've failed even before I've started. Classic me.
Now, the "pizza", very easy. I went more Asian inspired this time, just because I had some leftover chicken cooked in oyster sauce.

"Recipe"
- Chicken in oyster sauce (bite sized chicken chunks stir fried in garlic, shallot, ginger, oyster sauce, sugar and pepper)
- mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- oyster sauce
- freshly chopped scallion and crispy shallot
- frozen roti pratha
- butter
Preheat oven to 200C, brush frozen pratha with a bit of butter, bake in the oven (or place in non stick frying pan on stove top) until a bit puffy, place on greased baking sheet. Add a bit of oyster sauce on the roti pratha, add chicken chunks, add grated cheeses and bake until golden brown. Garnish with freshly chopped scallion and crispy shallot.

I think I enjoyed my snacks more than the show last nite...did you watch? What was your TV snack?

14 comments:

EatTravelEat said...

Looks very tasty! Maybe you'll feel less guilty if you used toast or bagels (or other bread) instead of roti? :)

Joyti said...

Oo, but it looks so pretty and sounds so delicious! And you were 'celebrating', so to speak, so there's a reason for indulging.

Christine Wu said...

You and your awesome concoction! Where do you get your inspiration?

Unknown said...

thanks girls...
the inspiration...must be from my twisted head...i really dunno...

YaYa said...

haha, love those "whatever's in the fridge" pizza days, ingenius!

Joanne said...

Oh those toppings...that is one DELICIOUS pizza!

Sophie ala Mode said...

This looks like BBQ Chicken Pizza...sounds delicious...

Belzy said...

Oh man...looks delicious! And good idea for using roti prata as 'pizza-crust'.
Manteppppp rit :). Bole di coba nih resep lo :)

Food For Think said...

That is genius!!! I am a HUGE fan of roti bread and pizzas but never thought of putting the two together before.

I'll definitely be trying it out. It looks delicious.

Sarah

Little Corner of Mine said...

What a great idea! Your TV snack looks very delicious.

mysimplefood said...

It looks delicious. hope you enjoyed the Oscars!!

tigerfish said...

Always enjoy your fresh new spin on pizza!

daphne said...

hehhee,, that even looks like vol vents! LOL but i love how u mixed prata into pizza. nicely done.

Unknown said...

http://haffaskitchen.blogspot.in/2013/11/square-paratha-chapati.html?showComment=1437728821490#c4928682576928332173