Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oven Grilled Sate Ayam (Chicken Satay)

Oven Grilled Sate Ayam
I've tried charcoal grilling sate in my tiny Hong Kong flat before, read all about the madness and the recipe here. But this time, there's a baby in my tiny flat, and I am just too lazy busy to be fiddling with charcoal grill, I just made oven grilled sate to satisfy my sudden sate craving.

Were they good? Not too bad. Nothing compared to charcoal grilled sate, but enough to make my brain stop saying "sate sate sate sate chocolate sate sate sate fried chicken sate sate sate..." at least for a few days.

I'll deal with the chocolate and the fried chicken cravings later ^_^

7 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow!!! Can I have half a dozen.

busygran said...

Oven-grilled? They look tasty to me. I would also use the grill sometimes. Getting the charcoal burning is quite messy for a small portion.

Joanne said...

I love a good sate and the oven grilling looks like it turned out pretty well!

zenchef said...

Aww, how I miss the days when you took the risk to burn half your neighborhood for a sate stick. Worth it! Those look just as good though. My brain is now going: sate sate sate cheeseburger sate sate.. because of you.

tigerfish said...

It is already making my brain going non-stop "sate sate...oven grilled sate sate....sate sate sate sate" ;p

daphne said...

It looks more than not bad!! I would love some! esp with the satay sauce...mmmmm

pickyin @ LifeIsGreat said...

I read your first charcoal grill post and God!

I actually asked my other half MANY times before if we can setup a charcoal grill in our flat (like yours, we stay in a Singaporean HDB, small with tiny windows) and he said forget about it unless we want our neighbors to call the police and get us arrested for a few sticks of satay. :D

But I swear I miss good Malaysian satay. I understand completely how you feel.