Thursday, March 17, 2011
Steamed Chicken in Shrimp Sauce
Oh no. I might be addicted to shrimp sauce.
It makes every single stupid simple thing taste so bloody delicious it's just unbelievable.
This one's just an easy and simple steamed chicken dish, which would be as boring as my weekdays without that magical touch of shrimp paste, which some of you might think is stinky.
I love stinky.
It's like a perfume to me.
- 2 boneless chicken thigh fillet, skin removed, cut into bite sized chunks
- a sprig of scallion, chopped
- 1 or 2 pieces of red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp shrimp sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee)
- pepper, sugar, oil, 1 tsp corn starch
Mix chicken meat with shrimp sauce, pepper, a bit of sugar, a bit of oil and corn starch, marinate for at least 15 minutes if you have time (the longer the better). Before serving, steam for 10 minutes or until the chicken chunks are thoroughly cooked. Serve with warm steamed rice.
I meant fragrant.