Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Chocolatey Friday - Chocolate Sorbet from La Maison du Chocolat

P8271163
My work place's food culture...

From Monday to Thursday, the fridge is overstuffed with homemade lunch boxes.
Generally...
- Who brings lunch boxes? Those who still live with the parents, or those who have dinners at their parents/in law's place
- What's inside the lunch boxes? Healthy Chinese home cooking. Meat, vegetables...with occasional appearance by Mr.Luncheon Meat or Mr.Chicken Rranks
- People start lining their lunch boxes by the microwave from as early as 12:45 (our lunch time is fixed from 1-2 pm), consume their lunch quickly, then have a quick walk around the office, or take a nap

For those who didn't bring lunch boxes, what do they do?
- Join the long, grueling queue at a handful of eateries near our office building
- Take a taxi/tram to Wanchai to join the grueling queue over there :D
- Skip lunch, nap

So that's Monday - Thursday...whatever happened to Friday?
Friday = Happy Dining Out Day
Where coworkers tell their moms/in laws "no need to bring lunch box tomorrow la~" and have (slightly) longer lunches out...probably yum cha.

How about me?
I normally still bring a lunch box on Fridays...and treat myself something nice afterwards.
For today, amazingly, SC suggested that we bought a pot of La Maison du Chocolat's ice cream.
I've said no once (I must've been nuts), but today, I knew better...I said HELL YES!
Chocolate Sorbet - La Maison du Chocolat
I went for their
Chocolate Sorbet, despite being tempted by other flavors such as Tonka Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Ice Cream, Salted Caramel Ice Cream, or Raspberry Sorbet.

I figured, since it's La Maison du Chocolat, it'd be silly not to order something chocolatey. But since it's so hot out there, I don't think I can handle anything too rich or creamy, so sorbet it is.

It was perfect. Not too sweet, not too rich, not too creamy. It's perfectly light, with just enough sweetness, but still chocolatey and smooth. I find the HK$56 per pot pricing steep, so it is not something I will be having every day.

It was a perfect treat for a busy Friday nonetheless ;)

Happy weekend everyone!

La Maison du Chocolat
Shop 109, 2/F, Prince's Building, 10 Chater Road
Central, Hong Kong
中環遮打道10號太子大廈2樓109號舖
Tel: +852 2801 4122

4 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm a bring my lunch kind of gal as well. But there's always room for chocolate ice cream!

Indonesia Eats said...

We are on the same page now. Love everything with chocolate.

Cooking Gallery said...

The sorbet looks very tempting...! I need to buy ice cream tomorrow - all because of your 'naughty' post ;)!

Allie said...

Looks very delicious! I'm tempted to make my own since I don't know of good chocolate sorbets here.