Friday, August 20, 2010
Easy Microwaveable Side Dish: Zucchini & Mushroom in Butter & Herbs
When I saw Little Corner of Mine's Microwaved Broccoli in Butter Thyme post, I thought OMG! Brilliant! Genius! What a fantastic idea! I was so inspired...and finally I did it last night.
We had some leftover pasta dish, and all I need for a balanced dinner is a vegetable side dish...and something microwaveable, how cool is that! No sauteeing, no frying, no steaming, no nothing! Just ding! (Ding = Cantonese for "to heat in a microwave")
Instead of broccoli, I used zucchini with some mushrooms, adding some more herbs, etc, but the principal remains the same...easy and tasty side dish for weekday dinners :)
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-3mm thick slices
- about 10 pieces of fresh straw mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoon of butter
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary, a few sprigs of thyme (you can use dry herbs if you don't have fresh ones)
- salt, black pepper, a dash of Worcestershire sauce
Throw all ingredients into a microwaveable bowl, mix well, nuke covered on high for 5 minutes. Done!
Sweet, earthy, buttery, herbalicious goodness!
Now use the time on your hand to do more important things...like buying fried chicken :D