Friday, August 20, 2010

Easy Microwaveable Side Dish: Zucchini & Mushroom in Butter & Herbs

Nuked Zucchini & Mushrooms in Garlic, Butter & Herbs
When I saw Little Corner of Mine's
Microwaved Broccoli in Butter Thyme post, I thought OMG! Brilliant! Genius! What a fantastic idea! I was so inspired...and finally I did it last night.

We had some leftover pasta dish, and all I need for a balanced dinner is a vegetable side dish...and something microwaveable, how cool is that! No sauteeing, no frying, no steaming, no nothing! Just ding! (Ding = Cantonese for "to heat in a microwave")

Instead of broccoli, I used zucchini with some mushrooms, adding some more herbs, etc, but the principal remains the same...easy and tasty side dish for weekday dinners :)
Nuked Zucchini & Mushrooms in Garlic, Butter & Herbs
Recipe
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-3mm thick slices
- about 10 pieces of fresh straw mushrooms, halved
- 2 teaspoon of butter
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary, a few sprigs of thyme (you can use dry herbs if you don't have fresh ones)
- salt, black pepper, a dash of Worcestershire sauce

Throw all ingredients into a microwaveable bowl, mix well, nuke covered on high for 5 minutes. Done!

Sweet, earthy, buttery, herbalicious goodness!

YUMS!

Now use the time on your hand to do more important things...like buying fried chicken :D

10 comments:

Noob Cook said...

I love love love microwave cooking, it's one of the world's great wonders to me haha

busygran said...

I've not done it with zucchini but it sounds good especially when there's butter in it.

Cooking Gallery said...

This looks very healthy...! Bagus-bagus...;)!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! I like your idea of using zucchini and mushroom. This is such an easy side dish to prepare. ;)

Becca. said...

yum yum yum that looks delicious!



please enter the topshop competition on my blog :)
XOXO, BECCA
www.fashion-train.co.uk

tigerfish said...

Sounds really easy and what does not taste good in butter? ;p

pigpigscorner said...

Getting lazier and lazier heh =P love the idea!

Jackie said...

I am SO totally making this tomorrow evening.

Jax x

EatTravelEat said...

Oh it's those happy face mushrooms again! LOL. Can't even find those straw mushrooms in my area. Me want.

Dion McTavish said...

I am going to try that as well!