Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Easy Vegetable Curry
Cook anything in coconut milk...and it'd probably taste fantastic.
That's what I think...or instead of coconut milk...heavy cream :D
Too bad SC doesn't always allow me to use coconut milk and heavy cream all the time. In fact, I have been banned to use coconut milk/cream for at least 6 months.
Last nite I violated the rule, and thank God for SC's super bad short term memory :D
He didn't remember the ban, or he pretended to forget, as he seemed to be enjoying this dish so much ;)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 cloves of shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 cm ginger, crushed
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised
- curry paste of your choice
(you can skip all of the above spices and just use more curry paste of your choice ^_^)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into sections
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup of tofu puffs, cut into 2 sections
- 200ml box coconut milk
- olive oil, salt, pepper, fish sauce, a bit of hot water, crispy shallot, chopped coriander (I didn't have any, so I stuck some mint leaves)
Saute garlic, shallot, ginger and lemongrass in hot oil, add tomatoes and cauliflower chunks, add a bit of water, mix in curry paste, pour coconut milk, add tofu puffs, bring to boil, add seasonings, simmer until the cauliflower chunks are tender. Garnish with crispy shallot and serve with steamed rice.
After reading this, SC will remember and I will not be allowed to use coconut milk again...maybe for another six months T_T