Monday, June 14, 2010

Sweet Sticky Rice Dumpling with Red Bean Filling


Dragon Boat festival's coming up....I thought of practising my sticky rice dumpling making skills from sc's mama, just like how I did last year (Savoury Sticky Rice Dumpling with Step by Step Illustration).

However, I was too late! SC's mama has done her dumplings...and look what we've received from her!
Sweet sticky rice dumplings with red bean fillings!
Sorry for posting no recipe, guys, I'll check if she'd be willing to share her recipe ;)

Do you like sweet sticky rice dumplings?
How do you eat yours? With sugar? As is? Hot? Cold?
Last weekend was super hot, stuffy and balmy, so we had ours cold...and...


...drizzled with Maple syrup!

The savoury girl inside of me wanted to hate this sweet sticky rice dumpling...but I must admit that I was beginning to enjoy it...a little too much ;)

PS. The maple syrup was sc's brilliant idea. So much for saying not liking sweets, sc ^_^'

9 comments:

pearly said...

cool! maple syrup with sticky rice dumpling.. who would've thought of tat :) when east meets west! i usually have mine with mom's gula melaka syrup :)

busygran said...

Try eating it with fresh grated coconut and gula melaka or dunk the dumpling in thickened coconut milk and drizzle some gula melaka. Makes a good dessert.

Anonymous said...

bacang......pengennnnnn...di Toronto, bacang sampe kimchi bacang, chocolate bacang dll...btw, how is little SC? hope everything is well.

Joanne said...

Groan. I love anything with red bean filling. ANYTHING.

Little Corner of Mine said...

We normally have this kind of dumpling with our Gula Melaka syrup too, yummy!

noobcook said...

the savoury gal in me also say maple syrup with dumpling looks quite tempting, actually ^^

tigerfish said...

I have not had any dumplings yet! :(

Babe_KL said...

wat a wonderful idea to try with maple syrup! we usually have ours with kaya or palm sugar syrup

daphne said...

I havent had this in years..this makes me crave for it sooo much..