Friday, June 4, 2010

I Can't Order Any Other Thing! Cinta J's Indonesian Yellow Rice Set


I've (another) bad habit I can't shake off.

Once I love something from a place, I can't bear to order anything else.
This Indonesian yellow rice lunch set is one of those things.
I've been to this place many times, planning to order its other yummy treats, but in the end, I couldn't. It's always the yellow rice set.

Yummy Indonesian yellow rice topped with sliced omelette and crispy shallot, served with deep fried chicken wing, spiced beef, roasted peanuts with salted fish, curry veggie, telor balado (hard boiled egg with chilli paste), extra curry sauce on the side. The drink is bottomless and you get dessert as well (refreshing sliced watermelon for today).

The set sent me straight to food heaven. Maybe one day I can order something else, maybe. I can't promise ^_^'


SC on the other hand, almost can't order anything that's the same as me unless there's really no other choice. Today he ordered this garlic rice set, with pickled veggie, chicken ala king, spiced beef, sauteed vegetables, served with soup of the day (winter melon and carrot soup) and sliced watermelon. Everything on the plate was lovely and tasty!

The lady owner is Indonesian and she still remembers me, although I haven't been there for more than a year! I felt so touched T_T things like this rarely happen in Hong Kong...at least not for me.

Do you have an ordering habit you'd like to share?

Cinta J
Shop G-4, Malaysia Bldg, 69 Jaffe Rd
灣仔謝斐道69號馬來西亞大廈地下
Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2529 6622

(for lunch, it's better to make an advance booking)

9 comments:

Jagungmanis said...

Wooo... nasi kuning????
ohmaigod..ritong....
serasong tumpengan 17an :D

pearly said...

hey i have the same habit too - ordering the same things that i (really) like all the time! the yellow rice set certainly looks yummylicious. will bug hubby to drop by cintaJ soon. thanks :)

Indonesia Eats said...

The name is very unique, Cinta J.

Damn!!! You made me drool. I should make it hiks hiks since no Indonesian restaurant here

Sue said...

i have the same habit as u too...sometimes i really cant stand myself with this habit...LOL...the nasi kuning looks delicious...if you happen to be in Kuala Lumpur do drop by the Madam Kwan restaurant to try their nasi bojari...yum yum

Joanne said...

i totally do this too at certain places...I really need to branch out more. That set looks delicious though. I can see why you order it so much!

pigpigscorner said...

I don't see why you have to order other things! The rice set looks so good!

Christine Wu said...

I'm so jealous! :( Can't find decent Indonesian food around here so i always end up making them myself.

Little Corner of Mine said...

I would order the yellow rice set too, looks so delicious.

Mrs Ergül said...

You said everything on SC's set tasted good but your set looks so much more appetizing! Good choice!

6 years back when me and my friends were so hungry and were in Kwun Tong, right after we finished our errands (right after our flight), we could wait no more for lunch and went to the first cha can teng we made across which is extremely tasty and were owned by Indonesian Chinese. Too bad, I'm not sure if they still operate the same cha can teng....

Ordering habits.... Every third Monday of the month, my colleagues and I will dine at Ajisen Ramen for the member's promo which is 50 off ramen (only). For two years, I have been ordering nothing else but Tom Yam Ramen! hahaha