Thursday, May 5, 2011
Sambal Terong - Spicy Eggplant Chilli Paste 印尼四椒矮瓜
Remember the spicy eggplant sambal from the lunch gathering at my place? Here are the stuff that went into it.
While preparing the sambal ingredients, cut a large eggplant into chunks, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, grill in 200C oven until softened with some charred bits.
切細D矮瓜 (切到一舊舊), 加少少油, 調味料, 鹽, 胡椒, 用200C黎烤, 到軟同少少焦為止
The chilli paste
- 0.5 cm ginger, peeled
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 5 cloves of shallot, peeled
- 4 large green chilli, core and seeds removed (I didn't want to kill my guests heheheh)
- 4 large red chilli, core and seeds removed you can leave them alone if you want it really spicy)
- 4 small chilli (this is where the heat's from)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground corriander
- salt, sugar, pepper, vegetable oil
- to add later: lime leafs, crispy shallot, fish sauce
Throw everything into food processor and pulse into a paste.
Heat 2 tbsp oil, saute everything until fragrant, add the grilled eggplants, adjust seasoning if necessary, add lime leafs, garnish with crispy shallot. Consume with lots of rice :D
落2湯匙油, 煎到香就加矮瓜, 調味, 攪掂~ :D