Got some leftover roast duck?
Too hard & dry to consume on its own?
Not enough for two?
Need a quick and tasty way out?
Make fried rice :D
- 1.5 cup rice (I used leftover rice which had been in the fridge for one night)
- 2 cloves shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 sprig scallion, sliced thinly
- a few slices of roast duck, diced, remove excess fat, but leave some (I used leftover roast duck, but you can buy fresh)
- olive oil, fish sauce, white pepper
Saute shallot in a bit of hot olive oil, add diced duck, let cook a little to render some duck fat goodness, add rice, season with fish sauce and white pepper, mix well, add scallion, mix well, serve.
There's just no way it's not tasty :)