Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Weird Noodle Habit - Shin Ramyun, Egg, Cheese & Potato Chips

This is a weird instant noodles habit I picked up from my roommate when I was in Sydney.
My Weird Habit - Shin Ramyun with Chips
It's sooo damn good, I just have to spread the gospel ;)

Shin Ramyun instant noodles + Egg mixed into the soup + a slice of el-cheapo processed cheese + ...a small mountain of potato chips = instant junk meal of champions!

Hehehe...
My Weird Habit - Shin Ramyun with Chips
The egg made the soup thick and creamy (a good source of protein for poor international students), the melted cheese...well, melted cheesy goodness...there's no way it's
not yummy, and potato chips in the soup? Love the extra crunch, and love them even after they're soft and soaked in the Shin Ramyun's tasty soup. I used some leftover Lay's sour cream and onion potato chips - but you can use anything else that will complement the flavor of the instant noodle's soup base.

Unhealthy? Of course.

Weird? Definitely.

Yummy? Abso-freaking-lutely!

Don't knock it 'til you try it :D
But try not to get addicted :P

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Only you could come up with a crazy combination like this. :P

Cooking Gallery said...

Jesus Christ...!! I love the sound of it! Absolutely crazy and wicked but the combo would definitely work for me ;)!!

Jackie said...

Oh Reets ;) You can't even blame weird preggo cravings for this one!

Jax x

sydneylyn said...

haha.. I have tried the cheese and the egg but not the chips. But I surely will soon :D

Jane Milton said...

I love love love Shin Ramen and I eat that with rice and egg and nori. But crisps? I'm skeptical but I might try it. =)

The best Shin Ramen is from Korea; I always buy a bunch and bring it back to the US because then I know it's fresh! ^^

Noob Cook said...

So fattening... so junkie... SO GOOD!!! I will definitely like this! haha

tigerfish said...

Like the idea of potato chips on that!

Babe_KL said...

this is so incredible!!! must try one day

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I actually tried this weird combo of shin ramyun, egg, cheese and potato chips. And it was so darn good, yummylicious and satisfying. Good to the last drop. Thanks for posting this up.

-Xin

Su-Lin said...

I'll definitely try this when I'm next dining home alone!

Ka said...

I just tried it tonight & you're so right...the combination works! ;) It is addictive! ;) Thanks!