Friday, December 3, 2010

Lovely Lunch at Bistecca - Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong

Most bloggers post about their latest experiences in newly opened, hip and happening eateries.
But not me. I can hardly keep up with new places that are sprucing up in every corner of Hong Kong. I normally visited the place when it's no longer new, and I post about the experience even later than that.

I went to this place quite a while ago. When my belly was still huge, when SC's hair was still long...now my baby can already lift up his head and SC has changed his hair style numerous times. That's how late I am.

Call me the outdated blogger. Heheheh :p

We went to Bistecca for lunch, as I heard that the lunch include antipasto and dessert buffet.
I am a sucker for buffet. Tell me there's a buffet, I'll be there :)
Look at this beautiful spread.
Bistecca
Delicious looking antipasto...come to mama!

Hello, sweetnesses...
Bistecca
I'll be right back!


What did I get from the spread?
Bistecca
Anything and everything!


A few batches of them.
Bistecca
I can really eat. You can tell from my shape...or lack thereof :p
My favorite from the antipasto spread? The ham and melon combo, spicy salami, marinated mushrooms, eggplant and the chunks of bread. 


This place is a steak house, but I was not impressed by their hanger steak main course served during lunch time.
Bistecca
Despite how gorgeous it looked, it was not charred enough, tender enough, juicy enough or tasty enough. Hmmm, maybe I am not the type of person who appreciates subtle flavors?

Surprisingly, we were very pleased with the whole grilled seabass.
Utterly surprised, in the best way.
Bistecca
Perfectly cooked, very well seasoned, fresh, truly delightful!


SC hates everything that's served with bones. Especially fish. But this was so darn tasty, he was willing to deal with the bones.
Look into his eyes...
Bistecca
His eyes were saying what's on his mind.
"My whole life, I've never eaten one whole fish off its bones like this."
It was really that good.

Really.

Unhappy (or happy) with the way SC left some meat, I took over...
Bistecca
...and cleaned the fish up.


I tried everything from the dessert spread.
Bistecca
Love every single one.
I should've ordered a cup of hot tea or coffee to polish this plate off.
Yum!

Less than HK$200 per person, including antipasto and dessert buffet

Bistecca Italian Steakhouse
2/F, Grand Progress Building
15 Lan Kwai Fong, 
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2525 1308

7 comments:

TomEats said...

By if the steaks aren't good?! Madness. Glad SC loved the fish though!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Nice colorful spread and I love the dessert!

Franky said...

this lunch looks amazing!

Joanne said...

I do love a good buffet. Then you get little tastes of everything!

tigerfish said...

Me too, like the whole sea bass - grilled!

Indonesia Eats said...

I personally think fish with bones taste better than fillet ones. I love the boards that were used for serving.

Veny said...

aku juga gak suka ikan .
btw steaknya look gorgeous n the dessert too