Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Indonesian Tofu Pancake - Bakwan Tahu

Bakwan Tahu
Ohhh...I love having a helper!
My helper loves eating deep fried food and she doesn't mind doing all the deep frying. Oh yeah!
Hello, delicious crispy treats! She made this yesterday and she shared the recipe with me.

Recipe
- 1 pack of soft tofu, crushed
- flour
- corn flour
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- salt, pepper, ground corriander, water, oil for frying
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 stalk of spring onion, chopped

Mix all ingredients to form a thin batter, add flour if it's too thin, add a bit of water if too thick. The batter should not be too thick (as in porridge), it should be thin, almost runny. Heat up some oil in frying pan, ladle batter and pan fry until golden brown, pressing it down to make it flat and crispy. Serve immediately. Ideally with some Indonesian Sambal ABC or your favorite hot sauce.

You'll also be seeing me snacking on Strepsils or Dequadin too as things could get pretty heaty ^_^'

PS. Do you like the "old" photo effect on this post?

9 comments:

Jiewa said...

Komen fotonya.. maknyooos..
very warm tone. Like it :)

Unknown said...

awww thank you pak jiewaaaa

Jackie said...

I have 3 packets of soft tofu at home - I know exactly what to do with them now :D

Jax x

Joanne said...

Mmm these sound delicious! I definitely need someone to hold my hand while deep frying. Helps with the anxiety that I'm going to spill hot oil all over myself./

Arudhi said...

Helper??? I-envy-you!!My husband is the only helper I can get here, but I just can`t let him touch anything in my kitchen, except the dishes in the sink :D
Fotonya bagus! Tapi kayanya semua fotomu memang bagus kok :))

aki! said...

That looks like a delightful study snack!

I like the photo effect!

tigerfish said...

Wooo...you have a helper? That's good to know. You don't have to bother to cook. Just eat!

Noob Cook said...

lucky you to have a helper who can cook well :D

Anonymous said...

mau donkkkkkkkk Rit..:)