"This seat taken?"
I am a snob.
I don't talk to vegetables.
Except when they're still alive in the form of plants, and I am desperately trying to keep them that way.
I just talk to hot pieces of meat, some cool seafood, dark chocolates, and sinful carbs.
Really good versions of the above would turn me into a complete slut...
...and I was totally throwing myself at this teriyaki marinated steak.
Don't even think about it. He is mine.
A hot piece of meat shall never be alone.
It needs a hot tasty carb.
Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 1 cup of rice (I used a mix of white and brown rice), cooked, refrigerated overnight
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 cloves of shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig of spring onion, chopped
- a little bit of olive oil, teriyaki sauce (Why haven't I bought and stock this in my kitchen earlier? So handy!)
Saute garlic and shallot in hot olive oil, add rice, mix about a little, spread rice thinly on frying pan, drizzle teriyaki sauce, mix well, taste, add chopped spring onion, mix well and serve with...
Teriyaki Grilled Steak
- 1 or 2 pc of steak of your choice
- teriyaki marinate/sauce
- brown sugar
- Japanese chilli powder mix
- a bit of olive oil for grilling
Rub steak with Japanese chilli powder mix and a bit of brown sugar, drizzle teriyaki sauce, let it marinate in the fridge, preferably overnight. Preheat oven to 200C. Heat up a frying pan. Drizzle steak with a bit of olive oil. Place steak on hot pan. for this thickness (about 2cm thick), reduce heat to medium, I grilled it for about 1 minute each side, just to get it browned, and transferred it to oven for about 3 minutes. Let the meat rest for a bit in a warm place, cut into thick chunks and serve with fried rice.
Please excuse me while I lick the steak juices off the plate.