Monday, May 4, 2009

Shrimps and Shitake Mushrooms in XO Sauce - Grumpy Songs I've Been Singing


I've been singing these grumpy songs for a while. Heck, these have been put on "repeat all" for as long as I could remember....

Album Title: It's Time to Move On (and end the lease)

Track 1. My Bathroom isn't My Sanctuary (...I wish I could curl up on my bathroom floor and cry, but the shower drain won't unclog, the sink won't drain my tears, and you have to yank the toilet handle three times...oh woo wooohhh...or it won't flush your sadness away...)
Track 2. AirCon Waterfall (...here I am sitting in my living room, an umbrella in hand, sheltering me from the air con rain...)
Track 3. Want A Pump (...since my pump betrayed meee, I can't spin no more, no more...just a broken hearted washing machine...)
Track 4. Burn, baby Burn (...if you smelled something smoky, baby don't worry...the kitchen power plug just got a little too charcoaley...)
Track 5. Wet Wet Wet (...a puddle by my feet, oh so fishy...a leaking kitchen sink, what an unpleasant discovery...)
Track 6.
A Loud Pop (...and finally, the light bulb gave up, everything turned dark..but it's been a while, so I guess it's just normal...for the lightbulb to pop..pop...pop)

Not exactly a #1 album material, but they are exactly what have been bugging me for a while. I felt so sorry for troubling my landlord, but I felt more sorry for me, for having to put up all the malfunctions in this flat. There must be something in the water...everything in this flat broke! But on the bright side, this flat inspires me so much, and the location? It's unbeatable.

I probably won't be cooking until I get settled down in a new flat, which would make this dish one of the last dishes I cook in this flat, but who knows, I might surprise you guys by washing my dishes elsewhere...try me ^_^

Shrimps and Shitake Mushrooms in XO Sauce

Recipe
- 1 pack of fresh shitake mushrooms, each sliced into 3-4 parts
- 1 lb shrimps, deshelled, deveined, butterflied
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 cm ginger, crushed
- dark soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, salt, XO sauce, olive oil

Marinate shrimps with a bit of salt and pepper, saute in olive oil until just pink, set aside. Saute garlic and ginger in olive oil, add mushrooms until cooked, add shrimps, add dark soy sauce and XO sauce, taste, serve. Perfect with steamed rice or noodles/pasta.

I'll stop singing those songs, and replace em with happier, brighter, and more colorful songs. Soon.

5 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

That do sound bad, I guess it's time to move on too. Lovely dish. I have been wanting to buy XO sauce, but the price tag always made me put it down. Sigh!

Lidia Sianturi said...

kok lengkap men penderitaanmu Rit..but the shrimp looks yumm...

deetha said...

udange......

eh lha... menderita tapi tetep nyanyi terus.....
seribu ragu yang kian menyerang.... *halah...halah.... lagu kui meneh :(*

Anonymous said...

Oh nooooo :( Those songs do sound catchy although slightly emo :P

Frankster said...

One of your best posts yet...had me cracking up! You're a talented songwriter as well! I can relate because our crappy house is in dire need of renovation too. Was definitely humming along to, 'My Bathroom isn't my Sanctuary'. Great blog, keep it up! :)