Yoooo boys & girlssss! Finally! I am back from Penang! After what felt like millions handshakes, gadzillions of hugs and kisses (to and from customers), and countless lengthy explanations on inquiries (e.g: "so, could you tell me how your product works?" - this short question calls for at least 15 minutes explanation each. I tried to give it my best, with my sexy, throaty, flu affected, brian-adam-ish voice, sometimes accompanied by thunderous, glass shattering, non stop cough. I gotta hand it to our customers, who were not fazed by my mighty cough, not even a blink! LOL!)
In between trying to wake up and keep everybody happy for another day, I tried to sample local goodies, even if it had to be from the hotel's room service menu hehe. A trip to the supermarket is a luxury, and on the last day, based on Foodaholiv's advice, I bought these adorable story-books style packs of curry paste, and I tried the tamarind curry.
We were almost fooled by the packaging and thought that they were recipe books instead hehe
Seafood Instant Tamarind Curry
- half pound shrimps, shelled, deveined
- half pound fish fillet, sliced into big chunks
- 1 piece of chicken thigh fillet (optional), remove skin and excess fat, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
- 3 cloves of shallot, finely chopped(optional)
- few bunches of fresh corriander, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 red chillis, remove core and seeds, finely chopped (optional)
- fried shallot (optional)
- a bit of olive oil, water
- 1 pack of Tamarind Curry paste (180 gr)
Saute aromatics in a bit of olive oil, add pieces of chicken, add tamarind curry paste, add a bit of water, bring to boil, cook until chicken pieces are almost done, add fish, cook until almost done, add shrimps until it turned into butterfly-like shape, garnish with fresh corriander and fried shallot. If you want it to be easier, skip everything "optional" and just cook your choice of meat with the curry paste hehe.
I'll post more goodies I got from Penang, stay tuned!
Regrets are useless but I couldn't help regretting....
WHAT WAS I THINKING NOT BUYING MORE PACKS OF THIS UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY CURRY???!!!!