Monday, May 19, 2008
Ginger & Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken...& I'm Off to Penang!!!...
Gonna leave for Penang for work in a few minutes ;) & gonna stay there for about a week.
Generally, my travel objectives (applicable for both business & pleasure if possible) are:
- Take a picture with some kinda landmark (when desperate, airport & hotel room/convention centre count :p)
- Try local food (when desperate, anything from hotel room service counts - sorry)
- Buy corny souvenirs (when desperate, anything from supermarket/7-11 counts)
I hope I could achieve all three in this trip, I heard about all the good food from Penang and I'll be depressed and suicidal if I didn't get to try any...wish me luck, guys!
Now...here's my goodbye recipe:
Ginger & Brown Sugar Grilled Chicken
- 3 chicken thigh fillet, remove excess fat
- 2 cloves of garlic, 4 cloves of shallot, about 6 cm ginger, crushed
- 1 tsp ground corriander seed, 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick of brown sugar
- dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, pepper
- half cup of coconut milk
- water, olive oil
Marinate chicken fillet with garlic, shallot, ginger, ground corriander seed, nutmeg powder, salt, pepper for minimum 1 hr, it'd be better if you could leave it overnight in the fridge. Boil the chicken with some water (just enough to cover the chicken) until the meat is 3/4 cooked, add coconut milk, cook using low heat. Preheat oven to 250 celcius, remove most liquid from the pot, keep it in a bowl for basting, grill chicken, add liquid to the skin from time to time, until the skin is nicely browned. Serve with steamed rice and sambal if you like it hot.
....and.....adios! See you soon guys, I am sure there' s Internet in Penang, just hope I'll have the time to get online! ^_^