Thursday, June 12, 2014

Healthy Tomato Breakfast Smoothie

I copied this from a Korean show called "King Of Food". I used to eat tomatoes sprinkled with sugar when I was young, and was interested to try this sweet & slightly savory idea.

Recipe (adapted from the show)
- 1 large tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp honey
(They added 1 tbsp olive oil too but I omitted it because.... I don't have any when I made this. Ooops!)
Put all ingredients in a blender & pulse until smooth.

The verdict?
I like the flavors but the smoothie doesn't get smooth, there are many bits of tomatoes that makes drinking not too smooth. I feel that running the smoothie through a sieve would be such a waste. Have you guys experienced this? Any solution?

1 comment:

tigerfish said...

Interesting tomato + milk combo. I need to try and let you know if my blender can get over the "bits" issue :)