Monday, March 5, 2012

Zucchini Lasagna with Bistik Flavors - Low Carb Recipe

Low Carb Zucchini Bistik Lasagna
Urgh. Low carb, low carb, low carb.
I am not loving it, until a good friend of mine, the evangelist of low-carb diet, Miss ChicMcMuffin showed me  this low carb lasagna recipe.

Oh my! I had to try it!
Low Carb Zucchini Bistik Lasagna
Too add my own twist, aka. making it work with ingredients I have in my kitchen, I made it with bistik (Indonesian sweet savory) flavors .

Recipe (I made a small portion to try out, only good for 1-2 persons on diet max)
- 1 zucchini, cut into slices about 5mm thick
- 1 cup of minced meat (I used lean pork, the cheapest option here. You can use others)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 shallot, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- butter, light soy sauce, Indonesian sweet soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, nutmeg, pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in a bit of water
- grated cheeses (I used cheddar, which was on sale ^_^. An addition of mozzarella would be perfect)

Preheat oven to 200C.

Saute garlic and shallot with a bit of butter (or olive oil) until fragrant. Add mince meat. Add diced tomatoes, season with sauces until you achieve the perfect balance of savory sweet tangy, add hot water to create more sauce. Thicken with corn starch mix, set aside.

In a vessel, add a bit of the meat sauce, add zucchini slices, top with meat sauce and grated cheese, add a layer zucchini again, and so on. The top one should be meat + cheese. Cover with foil and bake until bubbly (check after 15 mins? I checked mine too often - wasting my time a bit ^_^'), and continue to bake uncovered until the cheese and meat on top gets golden.

Low Carb Zucchini Bistik Lasagna
I like this low carb. But oh my... so high in fat and others! T_T

Who cares? It's YUM!

6 comments:

mochaccinoland said...

u can also try this vegetarian version of zucchini lasagna. maybe this will make u hate dieting even more as it's meatless :P

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10468/melanzane-parmigiana?pager.offset=20

Little Corner of Mine said...

It sure looks YUM! All the cheesy goodness, low carb sounds great!

Joanne said...

You make low-carb eating look GOOD! I love how you added your own flair to it.

tigerfish said...

The mince, tomatoes and cheese are all enough to make this very yummy! Low in carbs but high in fat...hahaha, funny.

liam @ the low carb recipes said...

Looks like a great recipe, I will be trying it out soon as i did buy some courgette today!

Chic McMuffin said...

I really need to actually walk the talk but.. low carb is SO HARDDD... =____=''