Friday, March 16, 2012

Pickled Jalapeno & Cheddar Omelette with Grilled Sausages - Low Carb Breakfast

Pickled Jalapeno & Cheddar Omelette w/ Sausages Breakfast - Low Carb
One of my recent low carb brekkie.
Very tasty & satisfying, I love how the pickled jalapeno added a bit of heat & tang into the rich mix.
Btw, can I consider pickled jalapeno as "vegetables"? ^_^'

Pickled Jalapeno & Cheddar Omelette w/ Sausages Breakfast - Low Carb
Recipe
(serves one and only me!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp of pickled jalapeno, drained, chopped
- cheddar cheese chunks
- olive oil
Pour beaten egg to lightly oiled hot non-stick pan, add pickled jalapeno and cheese, fold or flip (I folded mine into a triangle), remove from heat and serve with grilled sausage of your choice (or bacon?). Do not overcook the egg.

This is good with some sweet and creamy coffee.
Happy Friday!

PS. Do you have more omelette ideas for me?

11 comments:

Noob Cook said...

I like jalapeno ... spicy food can promote high metabolism ^o^ (next time put more lol) ... I like mushrooms omelette too :D

Anonymous said...

yeah!! I do a salmon omelette..and what noobcook says, my fav is onion and mushrooms! Or with some herbs!

Anazar said...

What a great breakfast!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

I like the touch of pickled jalapeno, the tang...loved it!

Mugdha said...

Yummm, this looks delicious. Wow, now I'm hungry again and I just ate haha.

Joanne said...

Jalapeno is DEFINITELY a veggie! Love this healthy breakfast!

his_girl_friday said...

Jalapenos are so delicious. This looks really good.

gastronomous anonymous said...

oh i like the look of this! what a great breakfast!
omelette ideas?
mushroom omelette with chorizo
smoked salmon omelette
baby spinach omelette with mushroom and chorizo?

can you see the theme? mushroom and chorizo! hahahaha

tigerfish said...

I like your simple omelette with jalapeno and cheese!

I usually do baby spinach and bell peppers , onions, mushrooms, pinch of cumin for the omelette!

Katerina said...

This is definitely a spiced up omelette! Great way to start your day!

Alex Staff said...

I love sausage! I love Jalapeno! And cheeeeese!! Haha! It’s indeed a good breakfast meal! I’ll try to make one tomorrow!:)) This healthy meal will surely make my day!