Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hong Kong Roast Pork (Siu Yuk), Apples & Mustard Mayo Sandwich

Roast Pork, Apple & Mustard Mayo Sandwich
Hmmm...

When life gives you bread...
Walnut & Raisins Bread from A1 Bakery Hong Kong
...I'd say, ditch your low carb diet and make sinful sandwiches.
Did I hear amen?

There's a story to this loaf of bread.
Baby M wandered around a local bakery (A1 bakery), grabbed a bag of bread and dropped it on the floor. The bread slipped outta its protective plastic bag, lying helplessly on the floor, begging for us to buy it. Uh oh. The staff saw this, and she was being very nice. She offered to clean up the mess, never demanding us to buy the bread. But we are people with conscience, especially when we are trying desperately to find some excuses to eat carbs. So, we bought the bread.

On the way home, I simply bought a strip of roasted pork belly with crispy crackling & juicy tender melt-in-your-mouth meat *gulp*
So siu yuk sandwich it is!
Here's what I put together. I don't think I can call this a recipe, and I didn't make the roast pork nor the bread. We are spoiled with having numerous roast pork shops in Hong Kong. But if you wanted to make the roast pork, I am sure there's a good recipe online somewhere.


First, I generously buttered my bread and grilled them.

Roast Pork, Apple & Mustard Mayo Sandwich
Pork and apples, they are best friends, right? Slice the apples thin and arrange them on the toasted bread.

Add the pieces of siu yuk. Lots of them.
Roast Pork, Apple & Mustard Mayo Sandwich
For the dressing, I mixed mayo, mustard, and a touch of honey, then slathered it generously on the sandwich. You can leave the sandwich open, or top it with another piece of butter toasted bread.

What a beautiful sight!
Roast Pork, Apple & Mustard Mayo Sandwich
I need to bring baby M to bakeries more often!

PS. If you're a Kpop fan and you love 2PM, I went to their Hands Up Asia Tour concert in Hong Kong last weekend. If you wanna see the pics, check it out here.

13 comments:

shelly said...

it looks so tempting.. all juices burst within one bite!! OMG...

Shelly Veronika said...

it looks so tempting..all juices burst within one bite!! YUM!!!

mochaccinoland said...

yum! yum! yum! I NEED ONE NOW!!!!! yes, my husband said i don't make siu yuk & char siu anymore. i told him why bother since siu yuk & char siu shops are everywhere in hk! :D u definitely have to let baby M wanders around bakery shops more often ;)

daphne said...

siew yoke is my fav on my cheat days! it's awesome..glittering skin, meat.. oh lala! and you made it into a sandwich! what a great idea!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great, an easy lunch! I won't be bother to make siu yuk if I can easily get it anyway in the shop too.

Chic McMuffin said...

Eviiiillllll!!

Joanne said...

well, I mean...if you HAD to buy the bread then it was obviously FATED that you made this sandwich!

tigerfish said...

So funny! Baby M can "design" your meal menu next time...heh heh. :P

Who can resist Siu Yuk sandwich? I can't. And the green apples surely complement the sandwich really well.

Noob Cook said...

how can u show these sinful pictures when I am on diet T_T tomorrow I must go buy siu yuk already lolol

Mama The Explorer said...

Hello from Malaysia,
your entry Inspire my lunch...

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Wow that looks yummy!!
Daisy Dayz

Babe_KL said...

hmmm how come I never hv thot of using siu yuk for sandwich filling!

gastronomous anonymous said...

all i can say is OMG! I WANT!