Friday, April 3, 2009

Grilled Pork Neck with Tamarind Dip - This Little Piggy Goes on A Holiday


Holidayyy! Celebrateeee! (I am channeling the queen of pop, Madonna, minus the metal cone bra, sorry guys)...I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....

Today is my last day at work before my Easter holiday, and I am so beyond excited, my hands are trembling, I have a huge idiotic grin on my face - even a long list of pending tasks couldn't wipe that off, didn't realize that I have been skipping to and from the elevators instead of walking, and I have absolutely no mood to get anything done, all I wanted to do was day dreaming of my holiday. But that's normal, right?

Where am I off to this time?
One of my all time favorite destinations ever, the island of the Gods,
a heaven on earth, an absolute beauty, a place where shorts and flip flops are the ultimate fashion statement, a place where pigs are roasted to perfection....so...hehehe stay tuned!

Speaking of pork, let me share this idiot proof, ultimate crowd pleaser recipe,
Grilled Pork Neck with Tamarind Dip

Grilled Pork Neck
(serves 2)
- 2 fillet of pork neck (do not slice prior to grilling. if you don't eat pork, try chicken thigh fillet, leave skin on)
- marinate: fish sauce, dark soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, pepper, a squirt of lemon/lime juice
Poke pork neck fillet all over with fork or bamboo skewer, marinate for a few hours or overnight in the fridge. Preheat oven to 200C, lightly grease baking tray, grill pork neck until you have some beautiful brownage going, baste from time to time with the marinate, slice once done.

Tamarind Dip
- tamarind
- palm sugar
- fish sauce
- shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 red chilli
- freshly chopped corriander
- hot water
Dissolve tamarind and palm sugar in a small bowl of hot water, add fish sauce, shallot, chilli and corriander. Serve with pork neck slices.

Let me get back to my holiday madness chanting now...
Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....

16 comments:

Stephanie said...

Why do I have to torture myself and come snooping around your blog when i have yet to have any meal?? OMG... my stomach is GROWLING loudly now! Haha... your grilled pork neck looks yummilicious finger licking good!!!

Dragon said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I was going somewhere warm. :) Have a safe trip and hurry back!

tigerfish said...

Looks tender and moist...yummy!

Anonymous said...

OOhh whhattt?!?! You on holiday already!! That's not faiirr XP haha where are you going btw? Have fun ^^! and the pork neck looks fantastic mmmmmm

pam said...

Have fun on your holiday!

SIG said...

Wow, even I not a pork-lover am tempted by your pork slices. Hehe. Have a great time. I know you will!

EatTravelEat said...

I love pork neck! And your dish of grilled pork neck with Tamarind Dip looks delicious. That pork neck was really nicely browned and sliced. Mmm...

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

ohhh have a good holiday!

Screamin' Mama said...

This looks absolutely yummy! Really juicy. I'll definitely try this.

Mable said...

This is new to me. It looks like Chinese 'char siew' (roast meat) but I'm sure it tastes great with the tamarind sauce. Thanks for sharing!

Jescel said...

i'm sure you're having a fun time in your holiday.. do report back immediately and tell us about it :o)

eliza said...

ooohh..kayak sate babi manis tapi gaya simpel, asyik Rit....

Foni said...

have fun girl.. bali -kah???kapan balik? nitip yang-cang..

test it comm said...

That pork looks so tasty!

Jo said...

Well for sure this little piggy sure can cook. These look so delicous ... I wish I had some too.

Epilicious said...

hi..'lam kenal ya. kemaren gw cobain resepnya, enak enak enak.. cuma bukan pake pork neck soalnya ktnya tukang jualannya bag leher gak bagus :( ya... gw percaya2 aja deh. Anyway, tetep enak.. thanks for sharing.