Monday, April 20, 2009

Dine by the Sea, under the Stars, Menega Cafe, Jimbaran, Bali


Seated underneath millions of sparkling stars...
On top of soft white sands...
By the symphony of the sea...
the cool breeze of the wind...
Surrounded by twinkling candle lights...
Gorgeous, caring and loving people...
Latin tunes beautifully serenaded by your table...
Oh...if that wasn't romance, I don't know what is!


My seaside seafood dinner at Cafe Menega, Jimbaran, Bali
Romantical atmosphere,
Ridiculously delicious food,
and...as always...
Crappy photographs.

ARRRGGHHHH. Guys, do excuse my inability to capture that night's perfection.


As enter the restaurant, you'll see how your food is being prepared, smoky and fiery. Select your seafood and place your orders with the friendly and helpful guidance of the servers, and make your way to unbelievable gorgeousness.

Hungry after a day at the beach, despite not doing any water sports? Can't bear the idea of having to wait for your seafood to be grilled to perfection? No worries!

Share some spicy, buttery grilled corn on the cob...then gaze lovingly into each other eyes and listen to next table's conversation for a full blown romance (and human nature of curiosity hehe)

Here's a desperate no-flash shot of the food.

My acrobatic photographical moves around the table kinda ruined it for everybody. Oppps. Sorry. Thank you for being so understanding, guys.

You probably can't figure out what did I order that night from that photograph. So here's the breakdown...
Grilled Prawns

No flash doesn't always mean better. Here, take a better look..

They were absolutely delicious, grilled to perfection. I sucked and licked all the shells clean.

After a few desperate shots with no flash, I stopped torturing my companions any longer and just turned my camera dial to AUTO. Haha!
Grilled Squid

Succulent, smoky, yummy.

Grilled Fish in Sweet Soy Sauce

Tasted unbelievable, but probably not the best thing to order. It wasn't easy to spot and remove all the bones in such a romantic lighting (i.e. DARK). Unless your idea of romance is performing a Heimlich manouver on your better half to rescue him/her from choking on fish bone...or you have a giant torch, or you have a neon light on your beach hat, I'd recommend you to stick with stick with non bony seafood.

Which was my favorite dish of the night?
Spicy Grilled Clams

Finger smackingly delicious! We fought for each piece, down 'til the last piece (although not so obviously). I slurped everything, licked the plate, the shell, my fingers, others' fingers...squeaky clean!

Too bad I couldn't get a shot of the string orchestra who serenaded us with romantic Latin songs (a quick little tip: prepare some money on the table for the singers, you don't wanna dig into your pocket for money while struggling with the seafood with your bare hands). My super offensive flash would definitely ruin everybody's night further. So, I left that for your imagination. Daydream your way to Bali, people!


Menega Cafe
Jl Four Seasons Resort Pantai Muaya
Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
Tel: 62-361–705888

8 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh mine, the grilled food look soooo good, so finger licking good!

Tuty said...

I've heard about Jimbaran's seafood for so long but have not had a chance to see the food. So thank you so much for sharing the experience. Now I can only dream and drool..LOL

Besides the ambiance, do you prefer the Jimbaran's or the Pluit's (your other post) seafood?

FFichiban said...

Mmmm grilled seafood is goo gooodd! and wow sounds like a very amgical place indeed ^^! and love the smoke and fire shot hee hee

Screamin' Mama said...

Wow! Everything looks amazing. My mouth was watering looking at all that grilled meat. YUM!

Lidia Sianturi said...

Aduh Ritaaaaaaaaa...ngilerrrrrr...

tigerfish said...

The grilled food looks really good!

Mia said...

Greetings from sunny Bali!

Nice blog you have here. I can see that you're a foodholic like me :)

I want to add that while Manega is probably the best place amongst the rows of seafood restaurants in Jimbaran, better bring extra patience because the food takes AGES to arrive. You can see Manega is the busiest place compared to its neighbours, at can take one hour between ordering and eating. Last time I was there with my parents and in-laws, I brought snacks and cakes to prevent the oldies from being cranky.

Bayu Amus said...

Yes, I noticed also that taking food pictures there is quite challenging, especially since all you got for framing was the light from those tiny oil lamps. At times I can't even see clearly what I'm eating. hehehehe