Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spicy & Beefy Beans & Zucchini


There are just too many food to avoid these days...let me scare you with some of these:
- Beef =
mad cow
- Fish/seafood = mercury exposure
- Fried food = cancer
Recent Hong Kong food scare:
- Chicken =
Avian Flu H5N1
- Tomato = salmonella

I can't believe it!!! Not my beloved, trusted, innocent TOMATOES!!!...Gosh, do I really need to consider going nothingarian? I bet I won't even five minutes being one...

...so...what the heck! I am already a mad cow anyway, let's have something beefy for dinner...and lemme throw in some tomatoes as well for a good measure LOL!!


Spicy & Beefy Beans & Zucchini
Recipe
- 0.5 pound beef brisket
- 3 zucchini (peel skin off, cut into chunky pieces)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of tomato paste (ok! I chickened out!)
- half bulb of garlic, crushed

- 2 red chilli (I wanted it spicy, so I kept the seeds, just finely chop the chilli)
- olive oil, butter
- salt, black pepper, sugar, parsley

Boil beef brisket for a while to get rid of the excess fat, set aside. Saute garlic and chilli in olive oil and butter, add beef brisket, add tomato paste, cook for 1.5 hours. Add beans and zucchini, cook until zucchini's done but still crunchy. Season with salt, sugar, black pepper, sprinkle parsley, serve over rice/pasta.

PS. Beware of this failed-nothingarian mad cow. She bites.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you just call yourself a mad cow? hehe. Don't be so harsh on yourself Rita. It looks good, mad cow disease or not, it looks really good.

A.G said...

wah kliatan sedyep.. anaku mesti suka.
Hmm baru tau nek tomatoes iku mengandung salmonella :(

tigerfish said...

Tomatoes on the salmonella attack here in the US too!

Rita Sella said...

Those really scare me .... *tatutttt* I'll consider nothingarian then, like you, for damn good five minutes heheheheh.... then have beefy meal for dinner. I hope you're allright there say...hugs...

Wandering Chopsticks said...

I miss tomatoes. :(

test it comm said...

There are just too many food scares these days. That beef, beans and zucchini looks tasty!

Y said...

Tomato, salmonella? Really?

Beachlover said...

you're really funny!! yes we have tomato scare now.All fast food chain removed tomato from their menu!

Elle said...

I can see you as mad, but a cow? No way! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Funny post, Rita! How daring you are ;)You should garnish the plate with poison ivy..lol

Chef Jeena said...

What a lovely wholesome and filling recipe, your blog is lovely. :-)

Cakelaw said...

Mmm, mm this looks good - and it's cold outside, so this would be prefct to warm the insides.

Anonymous said...

You are soooo funny! Everytime I read your blog, I'm smiling, laughing or drooling.
beef is mad cow? :) with all this food scare, what is really safe? ice cream!!!!!