Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spam & Shrimps Virgin Colada for Dinner?!!


Where did the weird inspiration come from??!!

Based on transpacific discussion with my sis via yahoo messenger, there were some...

Dinner Ideas
1. Grilled Chicken in Sambal ABC Chilli Sauce
Brilliant idea, 100% yummy, but need to cook veggie separately

2. Long Beans and Tofu in Coconut Milk
Healthy, yummy, but my sis thought it's kinda blah

3. SPAM and Long Beans in Chilli and Coconut Milk
Sounded good in my head, but sounds like a lot of work, and Spam does not need a lot of work, it is superbly yummy as it is

4. SPAM and Beansprouts
Sis thought of this, sounds good, but I've tried it before and it was kinda blah

5. SPAM and Pineapples
Both of us went ...WHOA...this is it! Let's do it! (OK, I was gonna do it, and she's gonna get the report later to see if it sucked hehe)

6. SPAM + Shrimps + Pineapples + Coconut milk/cream + Lime Juice = My Mocktail Inspired Dinner LOL!!

Spam & Shrimps Virgin Colada

Recipe
- 1 large can of SPAM (luncheon meat), cut into cubes
- 0.5 lbs shrimps, remove shell and vein
- 1 canned pineapple (or you can use fresh)
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 cloves of shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 small red chilli, remove core and seeds, thinly sliced
- 1 cm ginger, crushed
- lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk/cream (or more if you want more sauce)
- fish sauce, pepper
- olive oil
- fried shallot and corriander (optional for garnish)

I like to crisp the Spam a little (you can skip this step) by frying it in a bit of olive oil, then set aside. Saute garlic, shallot, chilli and ginger in olive oil, add pineapple chunks, add spam, add shrimps, add some water from the canned pineapple (depends on how much sauce you want), add lime juice, drizzle some fish sauce, add pepper, add coconut milk, cook for a bit, garnish with fried shallot and corriander, serve with steamed rice

The only thing missing was the tiny little colorful umbrella...oh and maybe the rum and the irritating drunk who won't stop hitting on you? ^_*

12 comments:

Lia said...

looks invitating!

kemana aja Rita baru nongol nih :D

Peter M said...

Oh Rita, you're evil! I swore to never eat SPAM again but you're making it hard for me to keep this promise.

A.G said...

Spam iku opo toh ? *o'on mode on*

purple goddess said...

Spam and pineapple??

I think I need to have a lie down!

test it comm said...

I don;t think I have ever had SPAM but with meals like this I might have to try it.

Anonymous said...

hic..hey ladyy.. hic..lady da da.. hic..the..euh..there's some spam in my cocktail..hic..i'm so home...hic.. can you take me drunk? hic..lady!..eh

Elsye said...

samaaa belum pernah makan spam..apaan yak *oon*

Unknown said...

hi lia...iya neh, akhirnya nongol kembali daku

hi peter...evil would be feeding you spam + rum hehe

halo ayin and elsye, spam iku luncheon meat, alias maling (ada yg babi, ayam, sapi alias kornet atau ikan)

hi purple goddess...LOL!!!

oh gosh kevin, you have to try spam!

zen chef!!!! u naughty drunken chef LOL! lemme bring u home and get u even more drunk by feeding u more spam HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Elle said...

Spam goes gourmet! Who would have thought?!

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Spam and pineapple go well together if you add them to fried rice. :)

Anonymous said...

There are Spam people and then there is everyone else. I love Spam, and with pineapple, yum!

KC said...

This brings back memories. I haven't had spam in years. I used to love a sandwich with pan fried spam, mayo and ketchup. One of these days, I'll have it again.