Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oreo Pancakes - How Do You Eat Your Oreos?


I love Oreos. Especially dunked into a cup of hot milk, where they could melt away, just like in my previous Creamy Oreo Mocktail Shots post.

How do you eat your Oreos?
Do you..
- also dunk 'em into your glass of milk?
- dunk 'em into black coffee? milk tea? iced tea? soda? ice cream?
- twist and lick off the creamy white filling first?
- eat them over the sink ala Monica from Friends?
- only eat them at 12:00 on the dot midnight?
- turn Oreos into muffins? cupcakes? pudding?
- scatter Oreo crumbs and lick them off a special someone? (or vice versa - kinkyyyy)
- saute your Oreos with garlic and chilli? (I guess this is beyond kinky LOL)

Now..they've made Oreos with:
- thicker, double, lighter or sugar free white part
- peanut butter
- strawberry filling
- peanut butter chocolate

They have also made Oreo...
- wafer sticks
- wafer rolls
- cereals

But, I just wish they would make ones WITHOUT the sweet white center. I wonder who's with me...am I just weird for not loving to lick the sweet and creamy center? I am now contemplating to start a petition in facebook hehe...

You could imagine how happy I was when I saw this...

It's a packet of Oreo powder!! Woohoo, I got this from Cake1Cake, a cake supply shop/school in Mong Kok. How cool is thatttt?! I snatched a pack in no time (i.e. after visiting the shop more than 3 times and dreamt about it day and night for a few days)...and thought of what to do with it.

After careful consideration...(do I make Oreo cupcakes, oreo muffins, oreo pudding?)...I woke up one morning and decided to make...
Oreo pancakes
Recipe
- 1 cup self raising flour (sifted)
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Oreo powder (you can adjust according to your taste)
- half teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of peanut oil (or you can use melted butter)

Mix flour, sugar, Oreo powder and salt in 1 mixing bowl. Mix milk, vanilla essence, egg, and oil in another bowl. Make a well in the middle of flour mix and add the liquid, mix well. Your pancake mix is done. Heat up a small non stick fry pan, pour a small amount of the pancake mix and pan fry until you see bubbles, flip it, and serve. We had these bad boys with a bit of butter, sweet condensed milk & chocolate syrup (what a sinful breakfast!!!)

I think you'll be able to replace Oreo powder by crushing some Oreos....and vent all that frustration away ^_^

Now share some Oreo kinkiness with me, will ya?

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this must be the first X-rated food blog. I would eat Oreo cookies from in-between someone special's toes if i had to...Hmm.. Actually I take that back, that's just gross. hehe.. hehe.. :-)

I love the idea of an Oreo pancake. Damn! It looks good. Next can you make me some glutinous rice balls but with oreo powder instead of sesame?

Anonymous said...

hey rita..

another suggestion, how about mixing the oreo cookie with some butter and freeze the butter, then u can use this butter with ur pancake...

i did a similar one, but i mixed a crushed crunchie bar (chocolate and caramel) with butter, rolled into cling wrap, left in fridge to harden and eaten with pancakes.. yummy..

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til you try OREO CAKESTERS...hoo...hoo...hoo...

You and my daughter can be a good partner. She'll lick all the white part voila! you have the oreo cookies :P Hey! She hasnt kiss any "boys" yet so her saliva is still pure.. hahaha...

-Ly-

Retno Prihadana said...

Rita, klo dirumah boro-boro dibikin pancakes..begitu dibuka..dah habis duluan disikat anak2ku, dimaem sambil dicelupin ke susu :)

tigerfish said...

Oreo powder - that's new to me! Hahaha, like you, I don't like the white center. I just like the Oreo biscuits. And I can just eat them as-is (without the center, that is).

Chibog in Chief said...

i eat mine dunk in a milk but i prefer this version of yours..looks really good!!

Peter M said...

Look who's kinky and frisky here...hey, hey!

You could also make crepes out of this batter and place jams or caramelized fruits in between or better still...Rita in between! lol

Sharon said...

Hmm, I actually enjoy the entire Oreo, especially if the filling is mint flavored! Those pancakes look so delicious. I had no idea oreo powder existed!

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Oreo pancakes!!! Thats genious!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

You are very creative to come out with Oreo pancake! I have not seen oreo powder around too, but I am not a oreo fan though.

Lia said...

wahhhh boljug idenya kapan kapan dicontek ya :D

A.G said...

wow yummi... mau dwong... oreoku selalu cpt ludes nek tuku.. my krucils... loved it....!!!!

test it comm said...

Oreo pancakes sound great!

CK Lam said...

Wow...now they even produced oreo powder. There are so many things we can do with it...your idea was good.

Wish we could have it in Penang too.

Unknown said...

That is oh-so-original rita..wow..i must simply have this for my Sunday morning breaky..yummmmmmm

Anonymous said...

samaaa oreo ku mah langsung ludesss...baru dibuka aja langsung abiss..:))))

tapi baru tau euy ada oreo powder..:P

Anonymous said...

Whoa... this may be the single greatest dish invention ever. OMG! why haven't I thought of that!!~?

RecipeGirl said...

What a cool find! I don't think that I would have thought to put them in pancakes, but it does sound like quite a decadent treat!!

What do I do with oreos?... well, I don't usually buy the stuff or I'd be scarfing on them all day. I love to throw them into freshly made Vanilla Bean Ice Cream though. You can do some sexy things with that!

Salt N Turmeric said...

they have oreo powder? cool! luckily im not a fan of oreos. hehe.

Anonymous said...

waw..ngebayangin oreo udah enak, dibikin pancake jadi kres2 dipancake...mantappppp
kalo gue sih keseluruhan oreo kg bakaln gue tolak, bocah gue aja doyan rit,,nagih loh

Patty O. said...

If you are looking for Oreos without the cream, you should try the Oreo 100 calorie packs. I don't know if you can find them in Hong Kong, but they are basically the cookies (though crispier) without the cream center.

Those pancakes look so yummy!

Elle said...

You are a genius! Never would have thought of this.

Unknown said...

those Oreo pancakes look good, Rit.

FranMag said...

Oreo Powder? I think I've died and gone to heaven. I'm with you on the no cream side. Double Stuff?? Why? What I do (not wanting to be wasteful) split open the cookies and eat the cream as quickly as I can, saving the chocolate cookies to dunk in milk by themselves. :-)