Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Creamy Fusili with Sausages, Mushrooms & Baby Corn - Last Minute or Early Bird?
Change is still a hot topic here at Mochachocolata-Rita's.
I used to be an extreme Last Minute person. If I was not pressed for time, I wouldn't be able to produce anything at all. I never wanted to admit this before, but I generally performed best under extreme pressure. During my school/uni days (like a zillion years ago haha), I wouldn't start studying/doing assignments until the deadline punched me in the face and smacked me in the ass.
The last minute habit continued until I didn't know since when I slowly evolved from Ms. Last Minute to Ms. Early Bird/Nervous Wreck....
I guess it started when work life began...
When I thought I was already Ms. Last Minute, it was nothing compared to how a typical work place operates (applicable to any work place ^_* I am not talking about an organization in particular here hoho).
- Customer's made to order items won't get done until he/she is screaming at your boss' boss
- Promotional materials won't get prepared until it almost could not get produced
- Payments won't get approved until vendors list your names in their little "do not entertain" book in red ink
- Visa application for business travel will not get processed until you get rejected to board the aircraft
All of the above caused serious emotional damages and turned me into a Ms. Early Bird - Nervous Wreck, which I just realized recently:
- I love going to the airport wayyyyyyyyy earlier than necessary (maybe this is an indication that I love shopping at duty free shops, therefore, not a proof of whether one's an early bird/a nervous wreck or not LOL)
- I love preparing things in advance, although in the end, everything still only gets done at the last minute (old habit is hard to shake off eh? haha)
- I love thinking about what sorta food I wanna make for food blogging events wayyy ahead, although I almost always fail to submit them due to missed deadlines (duh!)
...I guess I haven't changed much after all! WAHAHAHAHA...
But this time, the talented Kevin of Closet Cooking is hosting Presto Pasta Nights and I dun wanna miss the deadline, so here comes my submission EARLY *grin*
Creamy Fusili with Sausages, Mushrooms & Baby Corn
- Half packet of fusili, cook based on instructions on the packet
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 packet of baby corn, halved and chopped into big chunks
- 1 packet of oyster mushrooms, wash and soak in hot water for a while
- 4 chicken franks, sliced
- olive oil, butter
- salt, black pepper, sugar
- 200 ml coconut milk (almost 1 cup) (or you can use cream)
Brown sausages in hot oil, then add garlic and saute until fragrant, add baby corns, cook until softened, add mushrooms, add coconut milk/cream, season with salt, pepper, sugar, add cooked pasta, mix well, add seasoning if necessary, garnish with fried shallot/freshly chopped corriander
I knew I still had an early bird in me! ^_^