Tuesday, March 4, 2008
*Spicy Cilantro Meatballs & Festa Italiana
My sous chef had a sudden inspiration to make meatballs, and I am happy with my huge contribution of eating almost all of them. The inspiration came from.....(I was pretty shocked on how creative my sous chef can be)...........Indonesian Corn Fritters!!! So, these meatballs are filled with chopped cilantro, garlic and red chilli, minus the corn. Turned out pretty darn good, I almost ended up with empty lunch box cos I couldn't stop popping those little bad boys into my mouth.
- HK$20 ground pork (can be replaced with ground chicken, beef, fish, shrimps or maybe corn/peas/tofu for vegetarian alternatives)
- finely chopped garlic, chopped cilantro, red chilli (remove seeds)
- 1 teaspoon of corn starch
- salt, sugar, pepper, ketchup, oyster sauce
- tomatoes, chopped into 6-8 parts
- olive oil
Mix ground pork with corn starch, some of the finely chopped garlic, cilantro, red chilli, roll into small balls, pan fry until golden brown, set aside. Saute the remaining of garlic, add tomatoes, ketchup, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, pepper, add meatballs, cook until all heated through.
Perfect for pasta, but we just had to eat them with rice. How typically Indonesian of me. HAHA
By the way, there's a Festa Italiana hosted by Finding La Dolce Vita and Proud Italian Cook. I am submitting my Zucchini Carbonara, go on Zuc, make mama proud!