Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day Dinner - Lots of Heart Shaped Food!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Here are some pictures from our Valentine's day dinner. This year, a week before Valentine's day, I jokingly (no, seriously) told SC that everybody has booked their table for Valentine's day dinner, and I would be really sad if he didn't have anything planned. I was joking. No, I was serious. Heheheh.

That's right. I don't wait for surprises, I just blatantly ask him.

I was thinking of something like...a Hong Kong style steak dinner. Below HK$200 per pax max, but SC decided to treat me for my favorite kind of meal. Quantity > Quality. Buffet dinner! Yeah! So sweet of him! I love love love it! He also did something so dorky-sweet, just check out below.

Here are some pictures from the dinner.
WARNING! Lots of heart shaped and pink food pictures coming.
Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Heart shaped red balloons everywhere. Awesome!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Something pink and fizzy. I love.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Heart shaped "Caprese". This didn't taste good but it surely looked dang cute!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
LOVE is...peeling crab shells for me, because I don't wanna ruin my sparkly red nails :)

...and he proceeded to make me...
Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
....a heart using the crab shell!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
SWEETEST THING EVER!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Sashimi. Nice!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Heart shaped smoked salmon appetizer and caesar salad. I LOVE that parmesan covered pastry stick!! I wanted to get the whole container!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Obligatory foie gras...this was meh.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Best lamb I've ever had in a buffet. Meat still tender and juicy with crisp crust. YUM!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Pretty looking Japanese seafood stew, but tasted too sweet. The only thing I love was the heart shaped tofu. For photographic purposes only ;)


Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Some heart shaped cheeses.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
I snack on these in between grabbing different sweets.

More heart shaped pink food from the dessert section.
Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
This was so pretty and it's yes, heart shaped! Too bad I didn't get to try it. No more room in my tummy!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Heart shaped tiramisu. This was meh.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Now I know that I don't dislike macarons. I just dislike bad macarons. These were not good T_T but they surely look pretty.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
The cake was dry... so sad.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Orange jelly, dark chocolate mousse and chocolate covered panna cotta. These were lovely!

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Unlimited supply of Haagen Dazs Ice cream. Perfect if you love Haagen Dazs.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
Another heart shaped dessert.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
This was served to us as we asked for our bills. We ate so fast because we wanted to hurry home and see baby M (actually, to play mahjong T_T), they didn't anticipate us finishing so fast.

Valentine's Day Dinner 2012 Sheraton
We were given this box of Shiseido skin care too! Wow! SC was upset he didn't get anything manly...

Despite some of the mehs, will I come back here again? I will. For a buffet, this is actually more than acceptable. Service was attentive, and I did appreciate all the pink heart-shaped stuff. This was the perfect choice for me.

Anyway, it was a lovely evening, this time, I really didn't mind being ripped off a little. As long as we're happy, right? I did feel a little guilty not bringing the baby with us, we ended up bringing home the heart shaped balloons for him to play him.

Oh, to maximize the cheesiness of the day, we actually got each other some el-cheapo gifts. What are they? Check them out here.

The Cafe (Sheraton)
香港喜來登酒店咖啡廳
2/F, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
20 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
尖沙咀彌敦道20號香港喜來登酒店2樓
Tel: +852 2369 1111

9 comments:

mochaccinoland said...

wow!!! i'm drooling over all your heart shaped food!! SC is really really sweet! he even peeled crab for u & arranged the crab shells to form a heart!

i have been to sheraton buffet dinner on a normal night... not as great as the one in your photos and no macarons!!! i love macarons but only the good ones ;)

daphne said...

I think it's so sweet and important that you spend time together wo the baby at times ;) What a spread!!! Happy HEART day ;)

sydneylyn said...

This was served to us as we asked for our bills. We ate so fast because we wanted to hurry home and see baby M (actually, to play mahjong T_T

this is sooo LOL!! hahaha.. lovely dinner for the both of you! :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

How sweet of him! Valentine's buffet with free Shiseido skin care, loved it!

Arudhi said...

Happy belated Valentine`s day, Rita and SC! Look like you guys had a terrific (and romantic!) celebration filled with yummy food and fun gifts :)

Joanne said...

All of this is seriously adorable. It looks like you got quality AND quantity!

Noob Cook said...

Quantity > Quality ... LOL! very romantic you two hehe

tigerfish said...

So romantic ah! They should have made every heart-shaped including the cheese, fruits etc.

Cathy Pieroz said...

Wow that's impressive. Very lucky lady, these dishes look fantastic :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills