My love-hate relationship with food blogging...
- Orchestrating yummy treats for family, friends, and most of all...myself (a truly selfish bitch, aren't I?)
- Discovering that most of my newfound blogger friends from all over the world share unconditional love for chocolate and Anthony Bourdain
- Finding out that someone out there...committed the same ultimate culinary sins as myself (burnt dishes, blah dishes, slipping while sprinting to check on dishes, mixing up salt with sugar, to name a few)
- Continuing to develop myself into something I am not (a great cook/photographer/writer)
- and so on and so forth
- ...it when there are too many great things, too little time (great recipes, blogs, people, ingredients, ideas, whennnn will I get to try them? I guess one step at a time, eh?)
- ...it when work interferes with passion. Yep, I still need my salary to finance all this cooking, photo-taking, writing thing...so somehow I had to make work my passion, most of the time. Arrrgghhhh
- taking gadzillions of pictures of the dish in front of me and I still can't get it right
- having loads of yummy dishes with nice pictures, without any ideas on what to write (I simply can't post just recipes...I need the something extra)
and....just like today's case...
- I hate it when I found a nice and easy recipe, tried it, it worked, the result was unbelievably great.....only to find before posting that I forgot to bookmark (!!!) and I can't remember whereeeee the freak was the recipe from....dammit dammit dammit! I spent a good few hours searching loads of possible sources..and finally found it!
It is super easy and it is darn good. Well it has chocolate, sugar and oreos...I didn't think it's ever gonna be bad.
Choco Oreo Brownies
(adapted from Cooks.com, reducing the recipe by 1/2)
- 1/2 cups sugar (the original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar for 1/2 cup of flour, but I figured the oreo cookies will make it sweet enough. I am not crazy about sickly sweet things)
- 1/4 cups flour
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a whole bar of oreo cookies, crushed
Preheat oven to 175-180C. Mix all ingredients in one bowl, pour into a greased pan (I used a loaf pan), bake for 30 minutes, let cool for a while and cut into squares to serve. They are perfect with hot tea, or milk. Yum!
I also hate it when I have nothing more to say to end a post. Oh well.