Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Eating to the Fullest in Singapore

I lived in Singapore for about 1.5 yrs. I gained loadsssss of weight cos of the good, cheap food there. Every time I visit, these are some of the things I MUST have:

Fried Carrot Cake (diced carrot cake, covered with egg, pan fried) & Char Kway Teow (fried rice noodles, the Hong Kong version is just NOT the same)

Fried kway teow with gravy (those are all from Takashimaya Food Court)

No word can describe how much I miss this one: Dry Fishball Mee (this one is at Lucky Plaza's Food Junction)

Where does Hainanese Chicken Rice come from? Hainan? Noooo, Singapore!

The Street Ice Cream uncle's stall at Orchard Road

I got myself a Taro Ice Cream Sandwich, great for the hot, balmy day (Singapore weather report: hot, hotter, hottest. Balmy, Balmier, Suffocating. Opppsss, sorry folks!)

Caesar Salad & Chocolate Latte from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf at St. Elizabeth Hospital (yes, we, Indonesians, practically live there)

Get your greasy fix here at Old Chang Kee

The famous Curry Puff

When will I see you again, my little curry puff? (This was really someone's nickname).

1 comment:

M said...

I know I'm just bumping your old post here, but looking at your blog is making me miss my holiday!

I love curry puffs from Old Chang Kee, cheap hainanese chicken rice, and oyster omelette... :)