Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Choco Cat Cafe, Tsim Sha Tsui


Wanna play with these cuddly cuties but wanna be spared from scooping poop outta kitty litter boxes?

You may wanna go to Choco Cat cafe.

Here kitty kitty kitty kitty...


Who's this bitch and why is she interrupting my sleep? Roarrr~


Look at those chairs....:D
I can assure you, it wasn't me ;)


Scribble down what's on your mind...express your inner cattiness.

Wait, is there food at all in this cafe? Or only cat food?
Ehm...the thing with the food is...you have to get involved in the cooking process.

What????!!!!
I dine out precisely because I despise cooking, why do I have to do that?
What if I screwed up? I'll end up with yucky food!

Relax, you won't be doing all the cooking.

All ingredients have been prepared...
...all you have to do is following Mr. Chef's instructions.

Did you see SC? Never thought that he's a pinkie lifter...so SC poured vinegar, bottled Caesar dressing (yikes?), and seasoning on the salad...

...and assembled it.

Of course he wanted to put cherry tomato pieces on the side of the plate in a circular pattern. It's the only way that made sense! Add some smoked salmon on top...and...

TA DAAAA!!!

The apron made all the difference.

But how was the salad?

Well...imagine salad packs you get from supermarkets, with instant Caesar dressing, smoked salmon and a tad too much vinegar. It is what it is.

Now, the drinks...

We have to be involved in the drinks making too!

Pour ingredients, blend...


Garnish...

...and serve.

Anything made of canned lychee, syrup and ice...

is bound to be good.

What did I help making?

Raspberry some-kind-of-slurpee.

I don't really visit this place for the food, I went mostly for the cats :)

Meow~

Chococat Cafe
Address:
3/F,Parmannand Hse
No. 51-52 Hai Phong Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Te: +852 2721 2129

12 comments:

Erika from The Pastry Chef At Home said...

Ice lychee drinks = good.

Kitty clawed seats + evil kitty doodles = Great!

This post made me laugh. Meow.

EatTravelEat said...

Wow, what an interesting restaurant concept. In CA there is a a restaurant called Jazz Cat Cafe. There's plenty of cat theme with pictures and wallpaper, but not as much as here :).

Ravenous Couple said...

interesting concept...but can you make anything else other than salads and drinks?

Noob Cook said...

I love cats too, looks like this is a place I need to check out when I go HK. Is that your drawing? So cuteeeee ^_^

Babe_KL said...

gee i think my son will like this place cos he simple loved cats

Little Corner of Mine said...

What an interesting place, get an hands on experience in the kitchen too.

tigerfish said...

Will cat food be anyway mistaken for choco? ;O

Chris said...

Great concept though surprised OK'ed by the Health Dept. Kinda threw me off a bit as there is always that joke out there abt Chinese restaurants serving cat meat!! YIKES! I love cats myself..have 2. I will have to check this place out when I visit HK this summer.

SIG said...

How fun is this! But like u said, if I need to cook my own dinner, I'd rather do it in my own kitchen. To dine out means I need a break no? :P

deetha said...

ritong.....
kucingeeee lucuuuuu

ⓜook.... said...

Is this cat cafe still open at the same place?

Unknown said...

@mook
i haven't been there for a while. it would be good to phone them before visiting :)
i'll check it out when i have a chance.