Savoury donuts! Pure genius! Why haven't I thought of this (as well as the crustless sliced bread and nutella and cola drinks!!) before?!!! This is clearly why I am not a gadzillionairess. I never thought of producing the things I (and possibly the whole world) would LOVE to eat ^_^
I discovered J.CO Donuts during my previous trip to Jakarta and I couldn't believe that I haven't even mentioned it! Everybody loved it, and my foreign colleagues brought back huge boxes of the donuts back to Hong Kong and we wrote to almost literally beg them to open a branch in Hong Kong. They're so hot that during my last trip to Kuala Lumpur, surprise surprise! I saw a branch in Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall. Yay!
I love their donuts because:
- They aren't too sweet, they aren't all glazed with a layer of sugar (just like those from Krispy Kreme. I am sorry, but I absolutely despise Krispy Kreme!)
- Their chocolate are really chocolatey, rich, melted and gooey
- They offer obvious combination of flavors others didn't think of for donuts (the above donut is called Tira-Miss-U)
- Their donuts have cheesy names, and I am a big time sucker of anything cheesy (my favorites are Coco Loco, Da Vin Cheez, and Mona Pisa)
- Their table tops are decorated with even cheesier phrases (check out the one on the picture below)
- andddddd...they sell savoury donuts! Cheese Me Up (donut with cheese topping sprinkled with herbs), Da Vin Cheez (topped with garlic and creamy cheese - yum!) and Mona Pisa (Pizza inspired donuts, topped with cheese, a hint of ketchup and chicken sausages! Deliciousness!)
I brought a big box back to Hong Kong...and it is obviously not enough...sous chef gobbled them down like there's no tomorrow...and to my friends who were expecting them...please accept my sincere apologies.
Imagine a special someone holding a coco loco right now, the melted chocolate filling dripping off his/her hand, right into your mouth.
My, oh my!