Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Party Perfect: Crispy Chicken & Veggie Dumplings

Golden delicious, super cute looking & highly addictive. Perfect snack to serve your guests at a party. It's not hard to make (except the deep frying part - I know, I know) & the veggie in the filling gives it a crunch & sweetness as if there were chunks of prawns. Genius!

This is my helper's recipe. She is da bomb, she rules my kitchen! I know, I am soooo blessed.

Recipe
Filling:
- 2 chicken legs (or breast) filled, skin removed & minced
- 1/2 cup frozen veggie (cubed carrots, corn & peas)
- 1 egg yolk 
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/3 tsp salt
- a pinch of chicken stock powder (optional)
- a pinch of sugar
Skin:
- spring roll skin (square ones), cut into 4
- oil for frying

Mix filling ingredients in a bowl. Prepare spring roll skin. Add 1 heaping tsp of filling in the middle of wrapper & bring the 4 corners together to form a pocket. Deep fry just before serving. Serve with sweet chilli sauce or mayo.

The cute yummies shall be gone in no time.
Crunch crunch crunch.

PS. Drink lots of water or herbal tea after sinful treat ;)

No comments: