Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One of My Favorite Breakfasts - Sausage Donut, Yamazaki Bakery, Hong Kong

Donut Sausage from Yamazaki Bakery, Hong Kong

Let me state the obvious here.
I haven't been blogging much. Hmmm, correction. I haven't been blogging at all!
I am sure you don't want to read my 74983275984 lame excuses (work, life, stress, baby, relationships, home, mortgage, renovation, health, insurance, never cooking, blablabla etc etc etc) , and NO, I am NOT having another bun in the oven :D

One of the less-cliched reason that I haven't been blogging is...(it's pretty lame)...that I am addicted to instagram!!! Crazy huh? I have a collection of god-knows-how-much photography gear, and now I am addicted to taking pictures with my phone and editing them with free apps. And it's not as if I had lots of followers or likers or my photos are exceptionally fantastic. But I can't help it. I'm gonna need an instagram rehab soon. Just in case you want to see what my addiction is like, I'm @mochachocolatarita on instagram.

I don't know why the content of this post is not related to the post title at all...I guess I have a tendency to ramble.

Now, since I haven't been cooking much, I'd like to share one of my favorite breakfasts with you. I am sharing this one simply because when I tweeted "sausage donut" one morning. Someone asked me "Sausage donut???? What's that???!!! Is there such a thing?"

Yes there is, it's from Yamazaki bakery and it is fan-freaking-tastic! Imagine stretchy chewy and very slightly sweet donut dough, with a tasty frank in it, deep fried to a glorious golden brown until the exterior is sufficiently crispy and the interior is fluffy. That and a cup of coffee.

What a heavenly morning!

It's been a while since I had this breakfast. I am so gonna buy it tomorrow.
Now, excuse me while I instagram the heck outta my life.
You should too.
See you there!

8 comments:

mangiawithmario said...

Well, you had me at stretchy, chewy and slightly sweet. But add a breakfast sausage and deep fried! This has nothing but great written all over it!

Joanne said...

You know, of all the weird deep-fried things we have in the US, I can't believe this isn't one of them!

YaYa said...

It's official, these look decadently delicious and I wish they sold them where I live!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Hahaha...so that's explain your disappearing act. ;) Sausage donut is a sinful breakfast to me. :P

tigerfish said...

Ignorance is a bliss...hee heee...heard of that app but never used it before (and no urge to use it any time soon!)

The bakery sounds familiar - I may have bought some bread/buns from the Taiwan or Shanghai locations...but now I have forgotten....:( ...forgetfulness is not a bliss...sometimes...

EatTravelEat said...

Well, you have been posting lots of great pictures on Facebook! :) I've enjoyed seeing them in my news feed; they always capture my attention.

mochaccinoland said...

i love sausage donut too! i ate them a lot when i was younger. now that i put on weight so easily, i cut down a lot >.< they are major yum!!! feel like having one now :P

Steph said...

mmmm... I must go to Hong Kong!